Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 OS Device Software

Contributor
My Device: Z30, PlayBook
Accepted Solution

NFC apps

[ Edited ]

Hi all. I have recently bought some NFC tags and I'm liking what I can do with them. Unfortunately, the app that comes with my Zed30 is a little limited in what I want it to do. So I bought another one, which has all the options I want, but a has klunky way of activating some of the features.

Next route was looking on the Android app store. I found two. Unfortunatley, the Android apps can't see the NFC sensor, so are useless to me.

My question is, short of writing something myself (which could take a while), where can I put a request in for feature requests on the BB NFC app and where can I ask for NFC sensor visibility on the Android runtime?

Vasilis
Solutions: 6,096
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: NFC apps

You can make your input heard through BetaZone.

www.blackberry.com/beta

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

Thanks, but as the NFC app is not on any beta test program, where would I suggest this? Also, the NFC integration into Android is not specifically an app but a system related issue.

Vasilis
Solutions: 6,096
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

There is a general topic area somewhere... yea, it might not noticed but it's the best suggestion I know of.

You could ask for improvements to the app you're using from that developer.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

Thanks, I'll try the general discussion group. Perhaps if the wind is in the right direction, and if you squint a little, say the right words, a BB dev may see it...

or I spend an great deal of time learning how to develop on Cascades and build it myself.

Thanks for the help.

Vasilis
Community Manager
Community Manager
My Device: BlackBerry Passport

NFC is on the Android Runtime roadmap -> "Android applications that integrate with NFC will now be supported. NFC support includes reading and writing tags, as well as sharing data between NFC enabled devices."

For updates, click here. I hope this helps! 

Did someone help you? Click Like! Did a post solve your issue? Click Accept as Solution!

Follow me on Twitter or Google+ and subscribe to the Inside BlackBerry Help Blog

Contributor

That is briliant news. thanks for the link. I see it is planned for 10.3 as well

Vasilis