Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 OS Device Software

New Contributor
SteveSaywell
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone
Accepted Solution

Numerous BlackBerry Z10 Issues

Yesterday I went to a lot of effort to find and buy the new BlackBerry Z10.

But since have had problem after problem which is extremly frustrating. Set up went fine to start with then when I first connected to BlackBerry Link it seemed to download an update (not sure if they ever applied, I was doing other things) and since then I have had problem after problem. I will list them below;

• After adding Google Account my contacts list no longer showed any contacts (non from Google, Live, Facebook, Twitter, BBM, no where) - restarting phone had no effect
  • When trying to get into accounts in setting it would load for a while then crash - restarting phone would sometime let me view accounts, but would then go back later and it would have crashed
  • Blackberry hub will display the message 'Preparing BlackBerry Hub', but nothing would ever happen - resetting the phone would sometimes resolve this issue, but then it would reoccur after a while
  • At this point I felt wiping the phone and starting over was the best way to go
  • After restoring the phone to factory default, and readding every account again - Which was very annoying - all the issues returned
  • So again I wiped the phone but this time migrated all my data from Google Mail to Outlook (Hotmail) This took a long time and I was not happy about doing it
  • So hoping that it was just the Google accounts that where causing the issue I set up the phone AGAIN and then after around half an hour it randomly crash, so I powered the device back on and again when I went to unlock the screen it again crashed, it did this a further 2 times before I removed the SIM. It then restarted fine, so I turned it off and a put the SIM back it, turned it on (crossed my fingers) luckily it didn't crash this time.
  • But when I went to the hub it displyed the message 'Preparing BlackBerry Hub' and never does anything

I'm sure there is other stuff I have missed out but you get the point, I like BlackBerry, I have had BlackBerry's in the past and never had a problem, why now....

Just to add to my annoyance I just received a text but can't veiw it due to the 'Preparing BlackBerry Hub' message - not being able to see E-Mails is fine, I have a PC for that but texts there is no other way I can view that now and chances are it's important - I WANT TO READ MY TEXTS

Very disappointed so far, especially seeing as I went to so much effort to get the phone - that promised so much :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

Re: Numerous BlackBerry Z10 Issues

can you do a security wipe, then put the SIM card in, and do not configure any account, and see if things are better regarding your SMS texts?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
SteveSaywell
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Yesterday I again wiped the device and only added one E-mail account, nothing more. Left connected for WiFi and Network for 12 hours, didn't touch the phone went to use it again and same issues.

I tried your advice Xandrex and unfortunately again after a while I got the BlackBerry hub error.

Just spoken with Carphone Whorehouse (who I purchased the phone from) and they said it would take between 14 and 28 days to repair???

Please use plain text.
Contributor
chips2u
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: o2

[ Edited ]

hi, i too am having blackberry link issues.

i have windows 7 64 bit, there was an update but not sure if it was the phone or blackberry program.

since then, but may not be the culprit, i cannot sync anything. just keep getting prepairing to sync.

then a connection error appears. have tried re-booting the phone, and reconnecting but to  no avail.

rebooting pc and phone still the same. apart from that it appears to be working fine.

also we need an proper Ebay app, IMdB app, another thing i cannot fully login to my google mail via the browser, it gets to about 95% then hangs.

also some games will not let you exit them with the swipe up method, aka angry birds star wars. i have to use the middle button on the volume rocker to get the voice thing to come up, and then i can swipe up and get out of the game. a few bugs need sorting i think. well i can put up with a few minor issues, but need the link thing to work mainly. i know this is all new, and hope for quick updates/fixes.

i have been trying numerous things, like running the blackberry link in compatability mode, ie: xp sp3 sp2 etc.

tried changing settings in the phone, stopped my antivirus avast, still the same regardless of any changes.

edit: just a little observation, the blackberry link program i have running is v1.0.0.72, yet the one to download off the website is v1.0.0.71. maybe that was the thing that updated. anyways still trying to fix.

edit: just to reply, i havn't messed with anything, just trying to backing it up now (keeps stopping at 25% connection eror ((found out the screen 30 seconds timeout was kicking in.)) and gonna wipe it, start again.

funny how the backup and restore feature works, but not syncing my pics/music

i have still got my windows 7 phone htc hd7 with a giffgaff sim, never had any problems with it.

i was waiting for the nokia 920 to appear on o2 but this came first and thought i'd give it a go.

i still have a few days left to try it.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
deviance
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Three UK

I have Win7x64 and the .72 version as well and it works okie dokie. :-\

I hope you didn't fiddle with it (mess with the cable or whatever) when you tried to sync the first time.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
chips2u

[ Edited ]

edit: i have wiped data, restored my previous backup ok 100%. everything works except syncing pics/music. still the same.

i have these wierd errors in the event viewer:

ERROR: mDNSPlatformReadTCP - recv: 10053

596: ERROR: read_msg errno 0 (The operation completed successfully.)

588: DNSServiceGetAddrInfo      v4v6 BLACKBERRY-D857.local.

send_msg ERROR: failed to write 89 of 89 bytes to fd 672 errno 10053 (An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine.)

708: ERROR: read_msg errno 0 (The operation completed successfully.)

dunno what they mean but it must be something to do with not syncing pics/music.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
chips2u

[ Edited ]

wierd i can't sync pics etc, but i can backup-restore. posting pic of bblink error

the connection error is trying to sync from pc to bbz10, but its the same the other way.

i have disabled windows defender, avast, evrything i can think of. still the same.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
chips2u

is there anybody that actually cares about these problems. not seeing any replies would mean possibly not. i wish i would have waited now for the nokia 920, or gone for the iphone 5 and bin this piece of ****. the only way at the moment of getting my pictures off my phone is to email myself them.

i'm all for new devices coming out, and getting slight issues, but there are alot of people getting the same problems.

doesn't seem to be much i can do now, until an update appears. i don't think i shall continue my venture into blackberry after my 2 year contract.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

chips2u wrote:
is there anybody that actually cares about these problems.

hello,

as you have registered to the present forum, you surely have read the terms & conditions. :smileywink:

the contributors here are mere BlackBerry owners, who spend part of their leisure time to help other BlackBerry owners like you.

This is not a support forum, it is a community forum.

I have not encountered this issue, and have not read either about it, this is why I did not comment.

That being said, you may not be aware of it but O2 is in charge of the BlackBerry Link software, so give them a call and have them either help you, or escalate to the Level 2 RIM support. This is the fastest (and without additional charge) to get this solved, chips2u.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
chips2u

so i have been chatting on the o2 site, this is what they said:

Sandie: I've checked your account and there is a data bolt-on added on your account for Smart phones only and you are using a Blackberry phone so we have separate data bolt-on for Blackberry phones.

Sandie: Please don't worry Carl, I'll quickly change your data bolt-on for your Blackberry phone with immediate effect and you'll be able to use Internet from today mid-night.

Carl: ok

Sandie: Please give me a few minutes while I change the data bolt-on for your Blackberry phone.

Sandie: Thanks a lot for waiting Carl.

Sandie: I've just changed the data bolt-on for your Blackberry phone with immediate effect and you'll be able to use Internet from today mid-night.

Sandie: And you'll be able to sync pictures, videos etc.

Sandie: Is there anything else I can help you with?

Carl: so i have been told to escalate to the Level 2 RIM support.

Carl: ok so your saying that my bolt on will let me sync pics music

Sandie: Yes, you are absolutely right.

Carl: ok will wait til tomorrow and find out

Sandie: Please don't worry Carl, there is no any issue with your phone as it's a trusted brand.

Sandie: Yes, that would be great.

so what do you make of that? my bolt on was wrong type, i needed blackberry bolt on, and it will let me sync my pics and music. mmm. i will see tomorrow.

Please use plain text.