Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 OS Device Software

New Contributor
monchwati
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Safaricom

Re: Numerous BlackBerry Z10 Issues

Hi, I have tried doing what you suggested but unfortunately the phone rebooting has not stopped. This did not change or improve the situatio in any way. Any other ideas? This is frustrating...thinking of getting a Lumia 920 to replace this Z10...:smileyfrustrated:

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,840
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Then, I would wipe the device, reload the software with an autoloader file and then do NOT restore the App Data backup, only restore your settings.

Upgrading OS10 devices using Autoloader

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
spq2013
My Device: blackberry Q5
My Carrier: vodafone

You have no idea what you're talking about. I work in mobile phone support. We basically are responsable for how the phone works with the network so basic functions such as calling, texting using mobile data, wifi and email are our responsability but if the phone is behaving erratically even after updates are installed, factory resets, soft resets, hard resets  full factory restore, restore as a new phone as well as restoring from backup, what do you think we can do in telephone support? We're not miracle workers. We'll try and work out why you cannot get voicemail, make calls and so forth but blackberry and other manufacturers have a responsability to provide expert training for their own support. I'm not a bb expert, a windows phone expert, an iphone expert or an android expert. I know a reasonable amount about all of them but we don't get paid well enough to get people's bills sorted, analyse and resolve network issues and do blackberry and other manufacturers' jobs of fixing botched phone releases. If we could do all that, we'd be getting paid millions. You have no idea what you're talking about. We have no expert training on these devices just basic training. You're deluded if you think that people sitting in a call centre can fix these issues. It's blackberry's product, they have to support it and that is why customer's have warranties. Idiotic.

p.s

blackberry's uk support number is

0800 096 2201. They tried their hardest to hide it though.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
spq2013

Moreover, only idiots would buy one anyway. You cannot go wrong with the top android models or the iphone. USER-FRIENDLY, and easy to grasp plus with a decent sized screen. Sooner blackberry goes, the better.

Please use plain text.
JSanders

spq2013, who peed in your cornflakes this morning?

Wake up and decide to go troll BlackBerry Forums with useless comments and call some folks idiots?

I help more people with their devices in one day, gladly, than you do in one week.

Go join a forum where you can contribute... wherever your admitted "reasonable amount" of knowledge might be more than calling people idiots that you nothing about.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
spq2013

Not trolling. Just commenting on a stupid post. To expect customer service reps in a call centre to fix the most complex issues with a top end smartphone is ludicrous. There is only so many avenues that we can use. Thereafter, it's down to flaws in engineering and the functionality of the equipment. Anyway, what would you know about how many people I help. I get enormously frustrated when I cannot assist people with issues relating to their phones....overheating, battery drain, faulty mics, speakers. If the device is restored as a new device and is still behaving erratically or exhibiting symptoms such as overheating, there is no point calling ee or vodafone. They cannot solve it. You enforce your warranty and either get it repaired or replaced by the manufacturer. **bleep** was perhaps too strong but I cannot believe some of the calls I get in relation to mobile devices not performing. EE do not manufacture the phone. multi-million pound manufacturers like samsung, apple and blackberry do. I cannot believe how often these companies try to absolve themselves of any responsability though and people like the poster I was responding do not help. If you were on bill pay, had a smartphone performed all these resets and restores yet the same issue occurred, would you expect someone in a call centre to resolve it?...no. The manufacturer can though.

Please use plain text.
JSanders

spq2013, you're commenting on what stupid post?
Go click reply on that post and then tap the upper right QUOTE button and let's see what you consider stupid.

Otherwise your brilliance is all out of context.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.