Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 OS Device Software

New Contributor
saifrahman
My Device: blackberry 9810
My Carrier: mobilink Pakistan

OS 10.1 Update Interrupted without recourse

After the OS was downloaded, the interruption came during installation. In the software update under settings menu, the message I get is> The software download was interrupted. Please try again. The cancel update button doesn't do anything. The screen on top shows Update available, Version 10.1.0.273 - size 0 MB. So what are my options or course of action. The link software updated to the latest version is not showing any software update. There was a post on crackberry listing a way to update from www.blackberry.com/updates which doesn't show any update button either. There is no option on the phone to revert back to the factory settings. I am not sure if wiping the data will revert to the previous os version so that I can try the update again. Btw, my phone otherwise is working fine. It hasn't been nuked or bricked.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
saifrahman

Re: OS 10.1 Update Interrupted without recourse

Cont.

My device is z10, ST100-1. The update was given on my Link software but that too got interrupted.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Stephenhill757
My Device: Z10 - STL100-3
My Carrier: Fido

I get the exact same message.  I have tried restarting my phone, battery resets, nothing appears to allow me to exit that screen showing the error you indicated. "The software download was interrrupted. Please try again."

Where can I try again if the button to "Cancel Update" does nothing?

Please assist.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Stephenhill757
My Device: Z10 - STL100-3
My Carrier: Fido

Anyone know how I can restart my download? :smileysad:

I want to update.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
fordfreak
My Device: z10
My Carrier: o2 uk

Same thing happened to me. Highly frustrating. Went to see an o2 so called guru and wouldn't you know...the download decided to work. give it a few days and it will fix itself just like mine did. As excited as I was for the latest download. I have noticed 10.1 killing off my battery in half a day and the phone running extremely hot.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
saifrahman

I downloaded the OS 10.1 release from rapidberry.com forums. You will have to sign up for it. Here is the link:

http://rapidberry.net/leaked-os-10-1-0-1609-now-available-for-blackberry-z10-stl100-1/

The above link is for STL100-1. Other versions are also available for download. 

How to install instruction:

http://n4bb.com/leaked-blackberry-z10-10-1-0-1429/

I have been using the updated version 10.1.0.273 for few days already and found no problems so far. However, data restoration wasn't successful. The link software was only able to restore 10% of data and would just stop without hanging. I tried twice but gave up. Thanks to hotmail, i have all my calendar and contacts entries intact. I had to go and make all the email accounts and download the applications which were available in My world. The only major loss was data of my "Ice Village Game" where I had gone to the 33+ level. :smileyhappy: It seems that blackberry still has some work cut out for them. 

Best of luck!

Saif

Please use plain text.