Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 OS Device Software

Regular Contributor
My Device: Z10, Curve 9300, Playbook
My Carrier: Vodafone GR, Vodafone UK

OS 10.2.1.2102

I just downloaded OS 10.2.1.2102 on both my UK and Greek BBs and the difference is mind boggling. The battery lasts twice as long, the contact group category has been introduced, there is a "quick settings" function (not necessary, but nice to have). As long as there are more apps like "taxibeat" available to us I believe Blackberry stands a chance in the very competitive smart phone market.

PS I had to use the UK sim card to gat the OS 10.2.1.2102 on my Greek phone as it is not available in Greece yet.

Solutions: 6,153
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: OS 10.2.1.2102

Yep, this 10.2.1 is basically what BlackBerry10 devices should have been launched with last January.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Regular Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: VZW

Also, glad to see the bugs fixed from the initial 10.2.1 release!

VZW Z10 on OS 10.2.1.2234
Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: EE

Not touching it - not because of the new OS itself, but because the last time I installed one of Blackberry's updates, the phone stated malfunctioning, especially on the touchscreen,. Took 2 and a half hours on the phone to Blackberry to fix it - they said maybe I shouldn't have downloaded it using the the phone (so why offer it without that warning?) Doing it through the PC was OK, but I can't do that now, because I have dumped the staggeringly unreliable Link software after it comprehensively trashed my contacts FIVE TIMES. Hopeless. Blackberry have now failed - after around a fortnight - to answer my e-mail detailing this, so I've sent it to the UK MD.

robwhite wrote:

Blackberry have now failed - after around a fortnight - to answer my e-mail detailing this, so I've sent it to the UK MD.

As far as I know, BlackBerry does not do email support. No wonder you're getting no response.

Today's Verizon update worked well for me.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

Really? Strange then that a Blackberry call centre gave me an e-mail address to write to with my complaint. But nothing would surprise me about this company - certainly not that they might well ignore one of the key rules of any successful business, that your customer is one of your best sources of commercially useful information.

Glad it worked for you. You obviously got lucky.  But after months of struggle to get this phone - especially in respect of PC synchronization - to work half as well as the Palm Treos I was using a decade ago, I'm not going to risk having their sloppily written, inadequately tested, incompetently designed software messing everything up yet again. 

P.S: What is a 'Resident Expert'?

robwhite wrote:

Really? Strange then that a Blackberry call centre gave me an e-mail address to write to with my complaint.

Oh, a complaint is one thing, I thought you were referring to technical support. Quite different.

robwhite wrote:

P.S: What is a 'Resident Expert'?

Me, a users much like yourself.

Take care.

Knowledge Base Updates
Highlighted
Contributor

Thanks for that. I doubt I'm expert though! Very much doubt in fact. Actually now I'm not using Link at all because of the many problems I had - I just 'share' either way on Contacts and Documents though I don't seem to be able to do it with my Calendar. I can live with that. I'll have to!

All good wishes - Rob.