Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 OS Device Software

New Contributor
JFassnidge
My Device: Blackberry Q5
My Carrier: 447983471115

OS10 Any plans to enable control of Read Receipts ?

Currently in OS10, there is no option to control whether Read and/or Delivery Receipts are sent unlike in earlier OS versions where this could be controlled via Mail->Oprions->email preferences.

Are there any plans to enable this functionality in upgrades/releases of OS10 ?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: OS10 Any plans to enable control of Read Receipts ?

That was never an option on the old BB devices either.  I can't speak for BlackBerry but I doubt we'll ever see that.

Also, I notice you have your phone number listed in your profile. It is unwise to post your phone number there for all the Internet world to see and possibly harvest for spam use. At the top of the page click on My Settings and go to personal information and remove your phone number.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
JFassnidge
My Device: Blackberry Q5
My Carrier: 447983471115

Hi

I know it may not have been consistent but I have this option on my BB 9380, I have this option by going to Mail -> Options -> email preferences and under Delivery I have optiosn to tick/untick both Send delivery Receipts and Send Read Receipts.

At present on OS10, read recipts get sent whenever an email is marked as read on the BB and I am wanting to have this turned off for our corporate users.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

JFassnidge wrote:

Hi

I know it may not have been consistent but I have this option on my BB 9380, I have this option by going to Mail -> Options -> email preferences and under Delivery I have optiosn to tick/untick both Send delivery Receipts and Send Read Receipts.

At present on OS10, read recipts get sent whenever an email is marked as read on the BB and I am wanting to have this turned off for our corporate users.

Hmmm...I don't recall having that on my BES account on my previous BBOS device.  We were on Exchange 2003 and maybe that's why. 
There aren't any options for it on the BB10 device itself, though, at least not for me (I'm not on BES 10.) 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.