Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 OS Device Software

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780

Online Web Access - Login Credentials and Push to Hub??

Ok, so, my company will not be supporting BlackBerry 10. It's a long story and don't want to go there. It's just not going to happen. So, if I get a new Q10 (want one badly) I am only left with online web access to my company e-mail. Couple questions:

1) Will BB10 remember my username and password? I plan to save a link to my app screen that takes me directly to my company's webmail (Lotus Notes), but I don't want to have to type my username and password every time. If it can't do this, are there any apps that can?

2) Is there any way to push my OWA to the HUB or the red notification LED, so I know when I have new e-mail? Any apps that do this?

3) What would be the best way to sync my work calendar (Lotus Notes) to my device?

I hope I can accomplish these things, all while still following the rules of my IT department (very important to me!).  I really hope this is possible so that I can get a Q10.

TYIA,

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2582), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Online Web Access - Login Credentials and Push to Hub??

Hello,

Your post is a little conflicting...you state you have Lotus Notes and then you also state you have OWA. OWA is a MicroSoft Exchange provided function, not a Lotus one. So I am a bit confused by your description.

In any event, if indeed OWA exists, you can integrate that if you can convince your IT folks to simply activate ActiveSync. I have read that it's a simple thing to do, but not being an admin, I can't say anything more than that.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code