Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 OS Device Software

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Q10 | BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Orange

Orange France won't deploy BlackBerry 10.2

Anybody knows when the upgrade is supposed to be deployed to  consumers and what's holding Orange France from making it available ? Has Orange made it available in other countries ?

Contributor
My Device: Z10 STL100-2, OS 10.2.1.1925
My Carrier: Orange FRANCE

Re: Orange France won't deploy BlackBerry 10.2

Hi

Got the update notice tonight, installed.

Working wonderful !!!

:Clap:

You can't know with Orange anything. They always answer they are not responsible for the deploy. Instead they gave me a phone number of North America hot line...

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: TELUS

Don't upgrade to 10.2...it's terrible.  EVERYONE I know is having issues...massive screw up on BlackBerry's part.

Stay away...

Contributor

Can't agree with you.
I am working with it for a couple of days no problems at all.
What is your problem ?
New Contributor

Texting - hit and miss with typing. For me sometimes the entry area is hidden below keyboard...but it is hit and miss.  I have a buddy who cannot text anyone unless he reboots phone.  Then it stays for a while...this is a common issue for 5 people I know as well...most are like my issue.

Searching Contacts - I search contacts...no results...do it again, no results...cancel...the results flash up.  If I pick a contact and dial them, the number connects but it shows the wrong name on the history.  Very odd...non-stop problem

Battery - heating up and draining so fast out of the blue.   Nothing new installed on phone, same workload and patterns...

Internet Browser - slow and sluggish...unusual used to be super fast

Phone swiping - pauses, stalls and is chugging along

Rebooting - out of the blue, reboots.  Rarely did that before

BBM - stalling when i chat for delivery ... people on the other end say that I appear to go offline often

Overall experience went from a 10 to a 5 - very disapointed

As I say, I have 5 other people that I know that all did the update and all are experiencing similar issues.  We are all in agreeement that we would like to revert back to the last 10.1 that we had installed it was pretty much perfect.

That all being said above, after posted I did download and install 10.2.1.1055 from a website on a tip from a support center because I could not stand the version.  I figured, it sux now, how much worse could it get?  Anyway, I flashed the phone with the autoloader, reloaded my email accounts and things are back to normal.  I was originally running 10.2.0.1791 which as i say destroyed the phone in my opionion to how it was originally functioning.

Honestly, I wanted to put a hammer through the phone because of the 10.2.0.1791 a few times...as did a few friends. 

Happy I found this new version...even though it is not "official" from my provider.  I have been running it since posted and so far so good (plus new features).  I could have bugs I suppose but nothing yet vs. immediate on the other 10.2.0.x

Z10 back in action...back to the kick **bleep** phone it can be! :Punk:

Contributor

Real happy for you AKSkier. BlackBerry will beat the monsters! It is not too late (but almost...)

Tell me how did you reach the other OS? Can you post the link?
New Contributor

This is where a lot of stuff is posted by the BlackBerry faithful...

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-leaked-beta-os-f395/

Specifically the title called: B@stard 10.x Hybrids

The version I downloaded is here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-leaked-beta-os-f395/10-2-1-1055-radio-all-devices-873653/

And grabbed the file from the link below the title labeled:  Z10 STL100-2/3/4 10.2.1055 + Radio

It is an .exe that you download...and just run in Windows...phone needs to be USB attached.  It will kill everything like day one out of the box.  You can back up with Link but I didn't, heard that when you restore in Link is can cause issues again...which I really didn't want more of.

As I say, using for hours now...seems really good.  I don't really understand the official releases vs. these leaked ones, I could probably run into something odd I guess....but as I said my phone was messed up bad from the previous one so I said it cannot be any worse!!  And...the guy at the support center was saying that the telcos test versions for months, then release them and by that time they are actually quite a long way behind.  He has been using the one I have for a while and seems to like it, said that he felt good about me installing it.  Also told me I can't really screw up my phone I can always put the version I have back on it (or another one).  I went for it...worked.

There are some cool things in it, this links shows screen shots of some of them:

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-leaked-beta-os-f395/10-2-1-1055-change-log-all-features-i-have-fou...

I think that the BlackBerry Link software may be able to backup your OS too...then if you try the "leak" you can revert (but don't quote me on that...I have never done it).

Have a good one...time for BED 2am here :Yawn:

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 & BlackBerry Playbook
My Carrier: OEM

use suchup