If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 OS Device Software

mcgiverngus
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: None

PLAYBOOK

Hi I have a playbook and was wondering when the bb10 is going to be available for update on the playbook?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Ilovecaffeine
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: None

Re: PLAYBOOK

I was going to ask the exact same question.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

nobody during Wednesday's BlackBerry10 launch mentionned anything about the BlackBerry10 on the PlayBook.

My guess is that the devs are going to focus on fixing bugs that people will discover on the Z10, as well as iron the last details for the Q10, and then during BlackBerry World Conference (mid may 2013) there will be an announcement about BlackBerry 10 for the PlayBook.

or I am talking non-sense and it will be announced next Tuesday during the BlackBerry Jam Convention in Amsterdam.

You won't get any info, only rumors. Sorry!

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Crysler3027
My Device: Playbook 4G LTE

2 million PLAYBOOKs bought and promised BB10.

Blackberry leaves all those folks with a hollow feeling about the company.

If they wanted to iron out bugs they should be doing it with the playbook. Its hardware has existed for 2 years.

No news is not good news and they are blowing all good vibes.

4G LTE requires the carriers to upgrade, and Bell won't even upgrade to 2.1

Its a shame

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex

Giving priority to the new Z10 instead of giving priority to the PlayBook is in my opinion the thing to do.

You can be happy that RIM officially said that the PlayBook will get the BlackBerry 10 OS.

I have both, and am happy to a Z10 with BlackBerry 10 and a PlayBook with OS2.1.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Crysler3027

4G LTE Playbook is 2.0.1.668.

Bell no longer sells playbook and resuses to upgrade it to the 2.1 update

Playbook owners have been promised and let down for way to long, and who says the BB10 upgrade won't come in 2014 for them.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex

the 2.1 OS has been released by RIM to the carriers. It is now in testing phase by each carriers, and each carriers can give the priority they want.
For instance Rogers and Telus finally released the 2.1 upgrade to their loyal subscribers in three months ago (early nov '12).

If you feel Bell is not going fast enough, then contact them. Writing on this forum here may help you feel better, but surely will not make Bell go faster.

As a PlayBook owner I do not feel let down. And I was very happy when I heard the confirmation that BlackBerry 10 will be available for my PlayBook. I'd rather it be soon, but even if it is in 2014 I'll be happy with that, because I did not expect that to happen when I first heard of BB10.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Crysler3027

Thanks for the lecture.

I so hope it makes you feel better.

The fact that the carriers hold BLACKBERRY hostage on its upgrades is a shame.

PrintTOGo does not work on 2.0, as it has been upgraded to work on only 2.1

4G LTE will not video conf on 4G LTE on a 2.0, and is a WIFI only option.

I am talking about my BLACKBERRY product, which is in this forum.

I have spent time talking to BELL and BLACKBERRY on this issue....neither gives a hoot.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
zaba76
My Device: Z10, PlayBook 64 OS2.1
My Carrier: O2 UK

I was wondering what it is about the 2.1 os that you don't like? Personally if they offered bb10 for playbook now I wouldn't upgrade. Half my apps don't work on 10 and my music bought on my os2.1 playbook is not available on my bb10 z10. I love my PlayBook and it works well i'd rather wait till the bugs are ironed out. I'd also want to know I could downgrade again -just in case.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'LIKE' me if it makes sense...

PS. The BlackBerry Z10 & PlayBook rock with the QED uPlay!
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex

Crysler3027 wrote:

The fact that the carriers hold BLACKBERRY hostage on its upgrades is a shame.

I agree 100%.

Especially for USA & Canada carriers.

This is why whenever possible I do not buy phones from carriers. I prefer to buy them full price and use a SIM card in it. Unfortunately this is not possible for the PlayBook 4G LTE.

Crysler3027 wrote:

I am talking about my BLACKBERRY product, which is in this forum.

I have spent time talking to BELL and BLACKBERRY on this issue....neither gives a hoot.

You are writing on a community forum. The contributors here are BlackBerry owners who spend part of their free time to help other BlackBerry owners like you.

If you have already talked to Bell and to BlackBerry, then I guess writing here will not help you get the update sooner. I think that even writing on Bell's forum will not help either.

My previous post simply highlighted that people who bought the PlayBook 4G LTE at a Bell's competitor have the upgrade and you don't.

Please use plain text.