Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 OS Device Software

New Contributor
bnmismo
My Device: Q10

POP3/IMAP and Gmail‏

Hello,

I have just purchased a BB Q10 and have transferred my Gmail account from my old BB Bold.

There seems to be a major flaw with your e-mail client. My setup is as such: I use Microsoft Outlook 2010 to download all my messages from Gmail. I used my old BB to receive and send messages and delete unwanted messages from the Gmail server (famous delete from handheld and delete from mailbox and handheld). ALL my messages must stay on my computer, my blackberry is a secondary device.

There are 2 problems:

1) Now, when I send messages using IMAP settings on the Q10, there is no copy that is downloaded onto my Desktop client. Same goes for received messages because they are labeled as read and no longer downloaded. So I switched the settings to POP3 on the Q10. Now at least I am able to download received messages on my desktop client but sent messages only stay on my Gmail inbox and do not download to my client.
The workaround used in iOS products was to auto-send a BCC to yourself. The Bold with OS5.0 used to "keep a message on server". Where is this functionality on the new BB10? Is there a workaround without having to manually bcc myself each time I send an e-mail?
Honestly, if this is not resolved I will migrate to an iPhone, as this is quite a cumbersome way to send e-mail.

2) Is there an option to delete messages from the server and the handheld as there was in old BB products? IMAP protocols dont work for me because of the first issue, and even when I delete the message it moved the messages to "Archived Folder" even if I set Gmail to delete it permanently.

So these are my two issues with e-mail. If this is not resolved, I'm returning my Q10 and getting an iphone. It's such a pity, because the hardware is very good on the Q10 and I find it easy to browse and type.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: POP3/IMAP and Gmail‏

Duplicate:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-10-OS-Device-Software/Blackberry-10-functionality/...

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.