Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 OS Device Software

New Contributor
caseattle
My Device: Torch 9800

Pinch to Zoom in on email

Why would they remove the ability for the page to re wrap the text when zooming in to read email.  It does word wrap text inthe browser, it realigns it when zooming in so you don't scroll back and forth, just up and down.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Pinch to Zoom in on email

Hello,

Since you've received no answer at all since posting, I will provide what I can...which, sadly, won't be much.

Unfortunately, the actual question ("why") is impossible to authoritatively answer here. Only theories and suppositions, but the true answer can only be known by those covered by NDA or other restrictive covenants, preventing them from answering in this public forum.

Then again, I can't tell exactly your situation...you posted this in the BB10 section, but you list on your profile a 9800 as your device. Those are in conflict with each other, so it's difficult to provide you any theories without knowing what platform you are actually asking about.

If your question has to do with BB10, then my suspicion is that they actually did not "remove" anything at all. You see, BB10 is a totally new OS...it is not an evolution from BBOS at all. Hence, nothing about what existed before can be considered for BB10. We all wish that, as part of the design criteria for BB10, they would have included some of the things that existed in BBOS, but as I understand it the process was not one of taking BBOS and trying to make BB10. Rather, it was inventing BB10 from the ground up. Consequently, there are many who "miss" things from the past, and many "lists" exists for what would be desired for the future of BB10.

On the other hand, if your question has to do with BBOS, then please state so and we'll have the discussion moved to the proper location in this site.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
caseattle
My Device: Torch 9800

Re: Pinch to Zoom in on email

Thanks Sdgardne for the reply, since I have been a Blackberry user since the 950 pager style device, I have never liked when a feature goes away no matter whether an OS change happens or not. 

It's too bad in the new BB10 os that they did not maintain the same functionality found in earlier versions as you come to expect them when buying the Blackberry device.  The word wrapping of text on a sreen limited device seems like a logical feature to maintain better usability.