Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 OS Device Software

Developer
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: none

Problem with Location Services in Flight Mode

Hi!

Several times before it happened, that the Location Services symbol appeared in the status bar during Flight Mode and only disappeared several minutes after leaving Flight Mode. Up til now this never posed a problem as I usually plug in my Z10 over night.

Yesterday before going to bed I had 30% left and thought, that this would be sufficient to survive the night and that i'll plug it in in the office. Alas, I was woken up at arround 6am by my phone turning itself off.

When I looked at the Device Manager i found something quiet startling: During the whole time Flight Mode was active (approx. 23:00 - 0600), Location Services where active as well, draining the remaining 30% of battery. (See pictures)

IMG_20140610_085514.pngIMG_20140610_085530.png

My Device is a Z10STL100-3, OS is 10.2.1.3175.

No App was running nor was an Active Frame open.

Does anyone have a clue, why this happened or what caused this? Anyone with similar experiences?

And more important: how can i fix this?

Kind regards,

Uwe

Contributor
My Device: Passport (SQW100-1), OS 10.3.1.2267
My Carrier: MTS - Russia

Re: Problem with Location Services in Flight Mode

I had the same experience on my Z30. Really annoying. Have no idea how to fix it. The OS version is the same.
Developer
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: none

Nobody knows anything about this?
Developer
My Device: Z10 Limited Edition and Dev Alpha C
My Carrier: Movistar-Venezuela

I saw a resemblance to a user in the Spanish forum mistake is perhaps as happens on the foursquare application was always working and location feature enabled.

Follow me in Twitter:

@Marcossit

BBM Channel:

MarcossitDev: C0002C366  

DeviceSuite For BlackBerry 10:

Link to Download DeviceSuite:

Support was successful? Accept as Solution and click on:

Regular Contributor
My Device: Passport
My Carrier: Voda UK

hi,

I also noticed that locations services drain my battery in a flight mode even when no apps is running. it can consume all of the power left in the battery. 

my guess is that something tries to get location info repeatedly and not recognizing that the device is actually off line.