Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 OS Device Software

Visitor
justju
My Device: Q10

Q10 Contacts Conundrum...

[ Edited ]

ok, so here's the story of my irritation.

my caller ids have completely befuddled me... some of my frequently called numbers are not turning up on my caller id when the calls come in.  for example, a couple of days ago, i was in touch with a friend regarding a meeting arrangement.  there were a few calls exchanged throughout the day.  funny thing is that some calls identified the caller and some calls from the same mobile number were not identified at all.  i am unsure if this has something to do with where my contacts reside, ie in work and personal.

speaking of bb balance, my contacts are in total disarray after upgrading to bb10 from my old bold 3.  on my old bb, i had all my contacts centralised in my outlook account at work, including all my personal contacts.  i also had my bb linked with facebook, linked in, etc.  with balance, i find now that my contacts now have multiple entries and are just all over the shop!  in fact, i fear that most my personal contacts are now filed as "work" and if i decided to leave my company tomorrow, i may lose all my contacts when it gets wiped of work data.  it doesn't help that i can't copy things from work environment into personal!

apart from that i must say this - I LOVE MY Q10!

any help and advice much appreciated.

thank you.

yours sincerely,

distressed

Removed personal information to comply withCommunity GuidelinesandTerms and Conditions of Use.