Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 OS Device Software

New Contributor
rogemax
My Device: 9700, 9900, Q10

Q10 Contacts: bugs

[ Edited ]

Dear team & community,

several (consecutive?) bugs in my brand new Q10 with the CONTACTS app:

1. Got my brand new Q10

2. Inserted SIM card

3. Started

4. Deleted Facebook app

5. Added GMX account

(5a. Imported contacts from Blackberry Protect)

6. Started normal usage...

Result: some contacts get their birthdays shown in the calendar, others don't. Google says: delete birthday and re-enter. So I did. But:

Now: any change in contacts does not get saved.

Tried:

1. Changing several existing contacts and saving - impossible

2. Added new contact - possible

3. Changed (birthday) data in new contact - impossible

3a. Deleted birthday in new contact - impossible

3b. Added new birthday in contact - impossible

3c. same with anniversaries

But as if this wouldn't be sufficient enough to make me angry:

4. Linked new contact to existing contact - possible

5. Deleted link to between two contacts - possible

6. BOTH CONTACTS GONE!!!

7. Tried 1-6 after deleting GMX account - same behaviour.

Guys - JAVA or not, let's make this stable and independent of any linkage to social networks. Maybe this is inportant for the majority of the users, so they don't get these issues, but FB is a no-no on my devices. I want to

1. Add a contact manually

2. See their birthdays in the calendar

3. Change the contacts

4. Link or delete links to contacts

W/O facing these issues.

Any ideas?

(And please: I'm working in a big software company, I know how to search Google for potential solutions, and there is also no other place where I (want to) store contacts like Outlook csv files, Google accounts or similar. My BB Q10 is my leading device, so the stuff needs to work solely there.)

(BTW: had the same issues on my 9900...)

Thanks and BR, Roland

New Contributor
rogemax

Re: Q10 Contacts: bugs

Update: adding facebook app via appworld enabled editing of birthdays and anniversaries...
Integrate Facebook: yes.
Make BlackBerry dependent of Facebook code: NO!
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

hello,

why do you focus on facebook?
I believe your issues are not related to facebook.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
rogemax

[ Edited ]

Removing facebook app -> birthday and anniversary changes not saved

Adding facebook app -> birthday and anniversary changes saved.

Repeatable.

HM.

So if it is NOT the facebook app - what is it then? Don't believe, please. Proof.

Guru I
Xandrex

where are tje birthdays stored exactly?
when you are in the contacts app, and view a contact, there are probably several items linked together (including the FB item).

Can you confirm that the birthday appears solely on the FB item and not the other contacts item (like the item of the addressbook of your email provider)

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
rogemax

Hi, as I don't have a FB account active (as said - first action was to remove the app and restart), and since I created new contacts on the BBQ10 afterwards w/o any further interaction with any provider or account or anything for which I was not able to change any dates on BBQ10 until I re-added the Facebook app - I guess the topic is quite clear.

I cannot confirm that the issue appears solely on the FB item, as there are no FB items. One of the contacts I created was a fantasy name containing plenty of x and y and digits, so the likelyhood of this being an active FB account was too small (though impossible for me to double-check, as I don't have an account there).

A contact in BB is a contact. Yes, there might be automatic interlinkage with social networks, but this is exactly what I'm critizising, as long as this linkage is mandatory to be able to manipulate newly created contacts on BB.

So to be more precise:

1. Remove FB app, remove any accounts like for mail providers (Yahoo, GMX and others) and restart

2. Create new contact in BBQ10 with birthday -> not showing up in calendar. Issue #1.

3. Edit newly created contacts' birthday and save -> not saving. "old" entry remains. Issue #2.

4. Adding FB app and edit newly created contacts' birthday and save -> saving. Still not showing up in calendar. Issue #1 remains, issue #2 gone. Which leads me to the fact that the birthdays are synchronized differently than the rest of the data, which can be changed with or w/o FB app on BB10. This is where I see a bug in CONTACTS app.

Kind reards, rogemax

Guru I
Xandrex

Thanks for your detailed report. I'll try and reproduce this week, and do some more tests to find a pattern. please ping me if no news from me by saturday.

New Contributor
rogemax

Ping...
New Contributor
rogemax

Ping bump...

New Contributor
rogemax