Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 OS Device Software

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Q10
Accepted Solution

Q10 OS update

According to System Settings→ About my Q10 is running:

1. Software Release 10.1.0.2030
  2. OS Version 10.1.0.2121
  3. Build ID 544609

Earlier today I received two notifications within an hour of each other to install an unspecified update to the versions shown above. I activated my WiFi connection to check for updates but a message indicated I'm running the latest version of device software.

Searching the various BlackBerry sites to determine the latest version of Q10 device software and looking for instructions on how to download same have been unsuccessful and left me more than a little confused. (Sorry, this is my first experience with BBR)

So I opened BlackBerry Link (version 1.1.1 (build 13) on my MacBook (OS X 10.8.4) and set it to automatically download software updates as it did successfully earlier this week. But still no indication on either the computer or the Q10 of how, or if, an update will occur. I'd be grateful for any advice you can offer. Thanks, DCD

Retired
My Device: Z10 9800 9900

Re: Q10 OS update

Hey nonesuch,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question. In regards to the notifications to update your software on your BlackBerry Q10 to the same version you are currently running, this is typically seen when a "core" application or an application from your network service provider has been deleted. Your BlackBerry Q10 will prompt for a small update with the same version and once completed, the applications that were deleted will be back on the home page.

Let us know if this was helpful.

Cheers,

-WW

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Q10

Waldo....

Many thanks for your helpful response. Whatever triggered the two messages advising a software update doesn't seem to have affected the operation of the phone itself. A check ofe version setting returns the message that the device is up to date so I'm inclined to leave well enough alone. Regards, 

DCD

My Device: blackberry Q10

Hi,

I Have just purchased Blackberry Q10 and I connected to my laptop running windows 7, as I connect to Blackberry Link it there is an available software update.

Update runs up to 40% progress then it says an error ocurred downloading the update, please check your internet connection while the internet is running ok and the same goes for the blackberry site.

Regards

Julinho

Contributor
My Device: Z10 & PlayBook

Funny, in Slovenia Z10 OS can be updated to 10.2, but Q10 can't.
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Q10

You got to take to your service provider and they'll update through wifi and it will work. It did for me and i had the same issue.
My Device: Q10

Please help. A few weeks ago I installed the ios update and I wish I never had, my device has lost so many telephone numbers ... and is running very slow. To open photos it takes several seconds, same for the camera ....there is a long delay. The whatsapp is really slow and keeps putting the voice recorder on, but I am unable to actually use it to record anything.

Thankfully my photos and emails did remain on the device, but when I try to go into any of the albums, the screen is just black.... then I randomly click somewhere on the black screen and a few seconds 5-6 later a photo comes up... Im quite sad about this, seems there are some neat details to the update, but I would do anything to go back to how it was before when it worked at proper speed. Would actually go back to the simple, but efficient little curve or bold device...

Hope you can help ? 

Thank You 

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 10 Q10

I have Q10 with os 10.2, want 10.3