Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 OS Device Software

New Contributor
bob22red
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: O2

Re: Bluetooth won't stay connected after upgrade to 10.2.1.537

I can't believe I am the only Z10 user with this problem ... but here goes. Since upgrading to device software 10.2.1.537 on BB Z10 the bluetooth connection on both my cars has stopped working correctly. After initially getting the phone paired to the car system, the phone will not reconnect when the ignition is restarted. Am I able to downgrade the software to the previous version? What else can I try? Any suggestions gratefully received. Thanks.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
christopherrath
My Carrier: Verizon

I too have this problem.  The device will not use any Bluetooth headset; neither the car, nor two headsets I've tried..

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Steve170857
My Carrier: Bell

You are not the only one.  I am having the same issue.  I can pair to my vehicle but when I turn off the radio or restart the car it will not pair.  It shows profiles in both phone and car but they will not pair.  I have had to delete both bluetooth profiles on device and vehicle and start the pairing process again.  This happened when I upgraded 10 10.2.1.537.  I have opened a case ID 27343869 and was given a phone number 877-255-2377 to folow up.  They did work diligently with me yesterday (over two hours) to reset my Z10 back to factory setting but it retained the latest 10.2.1.537 software.  This did not fix the problem.  I will work with them to downgrade to the previous version. Or see if they develop a fix on this upgrade.  It's a problem.  I suggest you tag onto my case ID and continue to push.  I believe this is a big problem that all will experience.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bob22red
My Carrier: O2

Thanks Steve. Good to know I am not alone in having this problem. At least you have succeeded in getting a case opened on the issue - more than I have been able to do with my carrier I'm afraid! I have also been told that there is no way of downgrading to the previous device software (which worked fine in this respect). Without this basic feature working, the 'phone is not much use to me. Makes you wonder how BB can release software which fails to work on such a basic function. This can't do their reputation any good at all!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
christopherrath
My Carrier: Verizon

This topic was discussed in the following thread: http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-10-OS-Device-Software/Bluetooth-devices-state-they...

In that thread, the solution was to have whoever runs the Exchange server update the handset policy for bluetooth to "AllowBluetooth:Allow".  I've sent that info to my firm's IT team to see if this is something that they can use to address my issue.  I'll follow-up here with what I learn.

Please use plain text.
iankurt
My Carrier: Rogers

I have this problem too!!!!  Ready to throw the phone out the window.  I have an hour commute to my office and spend most of on the phone preparing my day!  Come on blackberry get things right!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Steve170857
My Carrier: Bell

Just got off the phone with Blackberry.  They are well aware of the problem and their development team is working on a fix.  It sounded like it's a big deal and they are working to remedy.  They said all users will be notified via another upgrade that should fix the glitch.

Please use plain text.
c-rocks
My Device: Z10 and PlayBook
My Carrier: Telus

So is blackberry picking up the traffic tickets and sending flowers to all persons involved in cell phone related accidents from this latest oversight, I hope they fix this really quickly ( before Monday ) cause as we are all aware This is a biggin!!  I cannot even connect to my PlayBook, And I am done.

Please use plain text.