Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 OS Device Software

My Device: Blackberry Z30 (unbranded)
My Carrier: Orange AT (now Three AT)

S/MIME X.509 email-signing on BB OS 10?

I just successfully import my .p12-certificate after securely transfering it to the phone via Bluetooth.

In the certificate manager it shows up under "my certificates" and displays "This certificate can: authenticate a client, protect email".

Didn't find anything in the email-account-settings to turn on signing... Smiley Indifferent

Any ideas?

(After importing said certificate on the iPad running iOS7 this step was quite easy under advanced account settings, S/MIME:  enable, Sign: enable... Done. Works.)
Although, a few test-mails revealed a 2nd problem. The received email on the BB does not show any signs of being signed (which renders email signing useless). No indication of "the signature of this email is (in)valid" or something similar. In iOS there is at least a small indicatator next to the senders name... Desktop-Clients such as Thunderbird or Outlook show complete certificate information. This definitely needs to be looked at. And fixed.

Thanks,

Thomas

Enterprise SME
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: S/MIME X.509 email-signing on BB OS 10?

[ Edited ]

S/MIME on BB10 requires a BES account.