Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 OS Device Software

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: TDC

Social networks and company policy

Hi,

I'm reaching out here to get clarification on something that our BB account manager can't confirm.

We have strict policies about using social media during work hours and on a work phone in general. Documentation mentions BB10 having a deep integration with two social media sites in the hub. These two sites are on our blacklist and any access to them is completely blocked by intrusion prevention, proxies and firewalls.

Before ivesting in several hundred new phones i would like to know if the integration with and mention of these social media services can be removed completely from the phones before or after handing the company asset over to our employees.

It is crucial that no traces of these services are found on the enterprise equipment.

Thank you for reading. You are welcome to contact me offline.
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: Social networks and company policy

if you do not activate BlackBerry Balance, then you have as much control as on an OS7 device: you decide everything and enforce your policy.

If you activate BlackBerry Balance on your BES, then the personal part of the device does not belong to you anymore, and the user can do whatever they want, including accessing the internet without going through the BES and your proxies/firewall.

Your BB Account Manager can ask a Balance expert at BlackBerry's.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: TDC

Hi and thanks for the swift reply. That is what I was informed but I still need to know if the icons and settings to these services are visible, even if Balance is not activated. Demos show then listed in the hub...
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

if balance is not activated, and the device is connected to BES10, then it is as usual: you can prevent those apps from being installed on the Z10. And if they are not installed, they will not appear in the hub filter menu.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: