Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 OS Device Software

New Contributor
My Device: BB Z10 A374
My Carrier: Airtel

Software Update BB Z10 Version 10.2.0.424

Hi Friends

I have encountered a serious problem yesterday evening. I was notified with the subject software update version, and without hesitance, I accepted and updated the software. 

After the update was over, I found the contacts folder is empty. All the contacts have disappeared. Strangely, in the last 2 updates, I lost the SMSs and this time, the SMSs didnt disappear, but the contacts have gone. Initially even the media data was missing, but after couple of hours, the photos, music and video files got restored on their own. 

The contacts who have whatsapp app are in the whatsapp folder. I also lost the folders in the "Remember" icon. 

These contacts and the folders are the most vital information that I use everyday and I am so sad I have lost them. I feel literally handicapped. 

Another feature I have observed is, I have been rebooting the phone number of times with the hope that the contacts may appear again, but i have observed that the calls folder is also getting emptied each time I reboot the phone. 

Please help me with a solution.......it will be a great favour. 

Forums Veteran I
My Device: BB

Re: Software Update BB Z10 Version 10.2.0.424

Not sure what would resolve your issue but it has been some time since you posted.

Replying to you will move your post back up to the top of the list so someone can see it and answer.

You should have backed up your stuff with Blackberry Link.

http://ca.blackberry.com/software/desktop/blackberry-link.html?LID=ca:bb:software:desktopsoftwareSmiley Tonguec&L...

You can reset your phone to factory settings if you wish to see if it corrects your issue. Resetting to factory settings will wipe out all your data so you should save it first. To save all your stuff download and install BlackBerry Link on your computer from the link below. Resetting will not back-up the OS on your phone. Once you have downloaded and installed BlackBerry Link connect your phone to your computer and save your stuff. Once saved disconnect your phone from the computer.

To reset your phone: tap the Settings App, scroll down and tap Security and Privacy, tap Security Wipe, tap the blank box and enter blackberry.

Once Wiped reconnect your phone to your computer and install your stuff.

http://us.blackberry.com/software/desktop/blackberry-link.html