Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 OS Device Software

New Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: rogers

Software Update Interrupted 10.1.0.273

I can't update to 10.1.0.273. I've tried plugged in to power, rebooted, different wifi. I always get a message that 'software update interrupted'.

I don't really feel like wiping my phone. Any ideas?
Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Software Update Interrupted 10.1.0.273

I had this happened to me on a brand new Z10. I called Verizon and they informed me this is one of those moments where you have to hate RIM. According to Verizon when you are doing the update process and your phone loses signal, or turns off during the update process, the phone goes into an "unfixable state". The only way to fix the phone according to Verizon is by sending the phone back and getting a new one.

They also said "to make sure when anyone does updates with the phone to do them when you will have the best signal and the phone is plugged in. DO NOT move the phone during the update process to maximize a successful update process." 

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: MCel

Can anyone from BB confirm what renegade says? I live in extremely rural Mozambique and sending my phone somewhere isn't an option. It just says "the software download was interrupted. Please try again". It has a "cancel update" button to push but it doesn't actually work. Please someone give me a solution that doesn't include loosing my phone.
New Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: rogers

I'll call my carrier this week and see if there is an easy solution.