Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 OS Device Software

New Contributor
erg_1002
My Device: Z10 STL100-1
My Carrier: 85874735
Accepted Solution

Software updates in Singapore for Z10

the model number of my z10 is STL100-1 and the current software version is 10.0.10.82. I have tried updating my software through wireless, BB link and website but everytime I looked for updates. It is showing I have the latest software. I am so dissapointed specially when I inquire in Singtel that they have released the software since May 22. What is wrong with my phone? Why is it it is not working on the software updates? Anybody can shed some light on this?

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Software updates in Singapore for Z10

Is Singtel your carrier that supplies you with your monthly cell service?  Your device as well as BlackBerry Link will only show updates available from your carrier.  If your phone is registered with another carrier and they haven't released an update, you won't be notified of it.  I think even if you got your phone from another carrier and it hasn't been unlocked, you won't receive notifications until that other carrier releases the OS.

I hope that helps you.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
erg_1002

Thanks for your reply. My phone is unlocked since I bought this in Dubai. I only used singtel since I bought this phone. They said they have released the version since May 22, 2013 but I think it is for STL001-2. Is there a blackberry site that I can download 10.1 version for STL001-1? I am trying sites of blackberry to update thru desktop but oly 10.0.10 bundle is available.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
erg_1002

Hi,

I have resolved my issue here in Singapore. The issue really in the model of z10. I bought this phone in Dubai which makes it STL001-1 model. Singapore z10 has model of STL001-2 that is why singtel released version 10.1 for STL001-2. This is the reason why I can not get the updates as my model and is not matching with Singtel released versions. What I have done is insert any sim which belongs to STL001-1 like Philippines, Malaysia, UAE etc. This is the only time that I received the 10.1 bundle and update it last night. I am happy with it as I can now use skype in communicating my love ones.

Hope I can help others that have difficulties also updating there unit.

Please use plain text.