Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 OS Device Software

New Contributor
vansen
My Device: BlackBerry Q10
My Carrier: Fido
Accepted Solution

There is no option to delete a deactivated email account

I recently closed and permanently deactivated an email address. I subsequently attempted to delete the account from my BlackBerry Q10, but there is no option to delete accounts which have been closed unless they are reactivated. I am not willing to do that as it was a corporate email account and I am not going to pay Google Apps for business to do something that should be available by default on the BB10 OS. Please help BlackBerry
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: There is no option to delete a deactivated email account

You've tried going to Settings >Accounts and deleting the account there? Does it not allow you to delete there? If not, you may have to wipe the device and start over. Probably best to remove from the device before deactivating on the server end.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
vansen
My Device: BlackBerry Q10
My Carrier: Fido

Re: There is no option to delete a deactivated email account

Thank you for your help, it looks like I will have to follow your advice and wipe my Q10 and then restore from a previous backup file.  To comment, BlackBerry missed a step in the BB10 OS, they need to provide an option to delete an email account that has been deleted on the server side.

Please use plain text.