Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 OS Device Software

Regular Contributor
Rush-O-Matic
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

Touch Contact for Call history and OS updates?

[ Edited ]

"Wow! I just found that a press and hold on the number gives me the info screen I'm looking for including call duration!"

I am so confused by this feature, related to a complaint that has been written by a number of folks here.  That press and hold feature gives you the option to "copy" the number.  Yet, on the dial pad, you can't press and hold on the Enter Number line to "paste".  Why in the world is there still no way to paste numbers to be dialed? This is so frustrating and confusing.

How does one go about finding out when to download the latest software, and what changes have been made in the latest release?  I currently have 10.0.10.88.  But, I have seen a variety of pieces of news as to the latest update - I think as high as 10.0.10.116.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,923
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Touch Contact for Call history and OS updates?

[ Edited ]

Rush-O-Matic wrote:

How does one go about finding out when to download the latest software, and what changes have been made in the latest release?  I currently have 10.0.10.88.  But, I have seen a variety of pieces of news as to the latest update - I think as high as 10.0.10.116.

Those number are mostly related to specific carrier builds.

But if you have an ATT sim card in your device, you should have gotten an upgrade last week to 10.0.10.116

10.0.10.116 from the AT&T side, but actual OS is 10.0.10.822

Check your Settings > Software updates.

Since this is not a feature request, I'm asking a moderator to please move this discussion to new thread of your own.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Developer
Innovatology
My Device: Playbook, Z10, Q10, Z30 with Files & Folders and Orbit of course
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Touch Contact for Call history and OS updates?

Rush-O-Matic wrote:

That press and hold feature gives you the option to "copy" the number.  Yet, on the dial pad, you can't press and hold on the Enter Number line to "paste".  Why in the world is there still no way to paste numbers to be dialed? This is so frustrating and confusing.

I wrote a little app to do this. Clipboard Dialer scans your clipboard for phone numbers and allows you to call or text them, add to contacts etc. Just copy from e-mail, browser, call log etc and start the app. Also works by selecting a paragraph or two in your browser or e-mail, tapping the selected text and sharing it with Clipboard Dialer. You don't need to be too accurate when selecting the text.

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands
Please use plain text.