Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 OS Device Software

New Contributor
LordJohn
My Device: Torch 9800

UMA support

Hi

I have a Torch 9800, I would like to upgrade to the Z10 but have a poor signal.

When will you provide UMA support for 10 OS software please?

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: UMA support

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Please see this "sticky" post, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed:

Given that information, please understand that no one here can actually answer your question...anyone who may have the information would be specifically barred from revealing it by virtue of NDA as well as the site Ts and Cs.

Further, UMA support is not a matter for only BlackBerry to resolve...the carriers must also resolve the issue since they must have a proper bridge between the device and their internet-facing UMA services. From all I have read and heard, it's actually the carriers that are in control over this...and hence are the best places for such questions to be directed.

Cheers, and Good Luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
LordJohn
My Device: Torch 9800

Hi

My carrier (Orange) has implemented UMA as has Blackberry 0n the older handsets, it is the newer handsets which Blackberry has not included UMA.

Blackberry support has told me that UMU is in testing on the Z10 in the USA and Canada, hence my question, any news yet?

Regards

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

None that I've heard. All "news" that I've heard has come from the carriers, not from BlackBerry. Plus, BlackBerry rarely releases any information until it's official...hence, if it is indeed "in testing", then we won't hear anything about it while that remains the case.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Tmobile released an update for their system to allow UMA

So hopefully soon for the rest of carriers

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

trishastewart
My Device: Blackberry

Hi, does anyone know about the UMA facility being withdrawn?  I have a blackberry with UMA, had one for several years as I do not have signal at home and this facility allows me to use it through my router.

Suddenly, without any notice the end of last week it stopped, I was in contact with my service provider who, after sending me a new phone as they thought it must be that only to find the same problem, when I contacted them again they said Blackberry had done some kind of security update and stopped the service.

I am sure I am not the only one inconvenienced by this but would like to know if anyone does know what has happened and when it will be put back in order.

Thanks