Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 OS Device Software

New Contributor
andriykoua
My Device: Not Specified

Ukrainian Keyboard for Ukraine not Russian

Dear BlackBerry, we are still waiting for you to include Ukrainian Keyboard for Os10. With a country with over 50 million people another 20 overseas Russian keyboard is not acceptable. Please tell your product manager whoever is in charge that we are not Russian and whoever made the decision should be ashamed to be in his/her job.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Ukrainian Keyboard for Ukraine not Russian

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Please see this "sticky" post, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed:

Hopefully, this information will be of use to you.

Cheers, and Good Luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Peter_Thomson
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: MTS Ukraine

completely agree. pitiful that RIM hasn't done a thing about this yet. MTS in Ukraine doesn't even support Blackberry 10 yet. So let's start with Ukrainian for earlier versions...

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
hobnob
My Device: BB 9900
My Carrier: Bell

BlackBerry stated it is up to individual providers to include localization. Well last year in March (2013), MTS in Ukraine promised to include Ukrainian for BB OS10 and for legacy devices by the summer of 2013. A year has passed - no Ukrainian.

Don't be fooled.

MTS Ukraine (Russian ownership) has no inclination of developing and including Ukrainian language support for the Blackberry platform.

Blackberry, as a company, already "passed the buck" on this issue. They state that it is up to individual providers to develop language input for the BB OS, so Blackberry will not code, develop and incorporate Ukrainian language input into BB OS10.

In effect, if you want to type in Ukrainian using a smartphone - then get yourself an Android or an Apple device

Please use plain text.