Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 OS Device Software

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Verizon

Unable to Save Pictures to Device After 10.2 Update

After the Verizon update to 10.2, I am unable to save pictures received via MMS to the device.  The screen dims like it is going to work, but after a (too long) delay the screen returns to where I was before viewing the picture.  On the plus side, it does allow me to share, and after doing this a few times, the suggestion comes up to my email so I can email the pictures to myself and at least I have access to them on my computer.

As expected, my testing shows the same problem with pictures received via BBM and via eMail.

Since the 10.2 update, EVRYTHING runs in super slow motion, and leads an inpatient user to think the phone is hung up.  In this case I'm sure that this is an error, not a delay because I have waited and waited for the function to work properly.

Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Unable to Save Pictures to Device After 10.2 Update

Have you tried rebooting the device by removing the battery?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

Absolutely. First thing.
New Contributor
My Carrier: Rogers

I have the same problem with my Z10. I heard the solution is to do full backup then factory reset. Then pull latest OS10 update, and finally restore from backup. P.I.T.A. But I'll try it in the next couple of days and let you know.
Contributor

Turns out the Z10 handset I had was bad and Verizon replaced it. However I upgraded to a Z30 before I could test this problem with the replacement Z10, so I can't tell if the problem was specific to the individual handset.
New Contributor
My Carrier: Rogers

SUCCESS!!!

I tried the latest update for BBOS but still didn't fix it.  Also tried several other options including MMS Advanced settings and Registering on Network.  No dice.  

So, here's my guidance....

...it's a pain in the **bleep**, but just bite the bullet and do the factory reset.

1) Sync everything, including media

2) Backup - do the complete backup including media (restoring media manually from sync is tedious)

3a) Do the latest BB OS update (if applicable)

3b) If updating, do another Complete Backup as above

4) Factory Reset

- [secure wipe ...took almost an hour, then shuts off phone]

- [boot]

5) Initial setup (including BB ID... preferable to do this now)

6) Allow the prompted update of the OS

7) Send yourself a text (SMS) message, then try replying to your own SMS with another text message and attach a picture (should indicate that it's switching to MMS).  If this doesn't work, let your carrier know as your phone is likely defective.

Happy MMS'ing!

T.