Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 OS Device Software

Contributor
RallyMeister
My Device: Z10 and PlayBook WiFi 64GB

Unable to move Calendar and Contacts from 9810 (OS7) to Z10 on Rogers.

I have tried both BB Link and SD Card device transfers and both don't work for my Contacts and Calendar.

I am with Rogers and my Calendar is associated with my rogers.blackberry.net email which is no longer supported on OS 10.  How can I move the calendar entries over?  I think they moved over, but since I can't sent the rogers.blackberry.net email up, they will not show.

For my contacts, when I look at my OS 7 contact options, they are associated with "Unknown".   This may have started when I switched from my BB9800 (OS 6) to my BB9810 (OS7).  I believe the contacts all moved over to the SD card during the device switch, but they too are invisible until I add "Unknown" email address.  LOL

My question is this:  Since these two items appear to have been saved to the file on the SD card, is there a way to edit these two files directly to re-associated them with a more "correct" email address?

Rogers BB Support will not support me. :No:

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Unable to move Calendar and Contacts from 9810 (OS7) to Z10 on Rogers.

Hey RalleyMeister,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

I would suggest checking out this KB article on data that is not migrated over to the BlackBerry Z10: www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB33523

Your best bet is to synchronize the calendar and contacts from the BlackBerry Torch 9810 to Microsoft Outlook or a Gmail account and then have it synchronized wirelessly to your BlackBerry Z10.   Follow the steps in this blog to setup Outlook to wirelessly synchronize that data: http://helpblog.blackberry.com/2013/02/how-to-setup-outlook-to-wirelessly-synchronize-your-contacts-...

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
RallyMeister

[ Edited ]

I don't see this as a solution.  Wouldn't I have to create a Microsoft email account (hotmail, live, outlook.com) and then move my contacts and and Calendar to that account using the outlook connector?  Then after wireless syncing my Z10 with that account.   I would have to add the Microsoft account to my Z10....correct?  What If I don't want ANY Microsoft accounts on my phone?

As for the contact problem: I was partially able to transfer my contacts from the "Unknown" account on my 9810 to my Z10 using Bluetooth (and VCF contact format). Only 111 or 128 contacts came across but the Contacts with only had a Company Name (no first or last name), ended up on my Z10 with the phone number as the first name.

Serious issues here BlackBerry.....I think it would have been easier to move my Blackberry data to an IPhone 5 ...sheesh :Beta1:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
RallyMeister

[ Edited ]

Well I beamed over my contacts from my 9810 to my Z10 after fixing up the blank first name problem. Could be a VCF specification issue that requires vCards to have a FN field 

Still only got 111 of 128 contacts though...not sure why...but I'll go through the list on both phones one by one.   At least I don't have to enter in ALL 128 contacts.   :Sleep1: 

Very odd because even some of the 111 contacts didn't show up though (I think they were the ones with contact  pictures) even though I saw the VCF file get transfered.

Please use plain text.