Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 OS Device Software

New Contributor
axllebeer
My Device: Q10

Re: Upgrading BB10 OS Using Sachesi for an OTA-like Update

What happened is that I got an error and it said that Sachesi had an error and stopped working. At that point all progress had stopped. I am new at this so I might be missing something. Having the same problem on both of my machines does make it seem that it might be me making a mistake somehow.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Shouldn't have an error.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor
DaveN
My Device: BB Q10

My 2 cents...I would pull the battery from the phone and then power back on.  I would go back to your Win 7 PC and power down...all the way down and then turn it back on.  Connect to the PC and make sure Blackberry Link isn't running.  Then go with Sachesi 1.1.2.  Use the posted settings not your settings.  From my own experience go with these settings and be patient...it's worth the effort.

New Contributor
axllebeer

[ Edited ]

Well I decided to start all over again. Deleted the download and I'm starting fresh. perhaps there was an error that I wasn't aware of. Thanks to you all for your help! will report back with success hopefully.

And DaveN, I tried all of your suggestions, still no luck so I'm going this route. But I appreciate the assistance.

New Contributor
axllebeer

Ok all,  I figured it out. Turned out when I downloaded the OS,  I only got 1/3d of it. The size was under 400mb. After delete that and starting fresh I'm up and running in about 45 minutes. Thanks all,  awesome community! I appreciate all that has been done. 

Regular Contributor
ihiker
My Device: Z10

[ Edited ]

T mobile just released 10.2.1.2228 for Z10. Sachesi info is:

Carrier: 160
Device: Z10
Variant: STL 100-3

Edit 2 hours after initail post.: Working well on a VZW device. Going to let battery cool down from 100 degrees and then reboot before full testing.

VZW Z10 on OS 10.2.1.2234
Trusted Contributor
jhanks64
My Device: Using Unlocked Passport, VZW Z30, Two Z10's, Playbook, Q10

Interesting, I had the same problem today.  I kept trying to load the OS on a Z10, but Sachesi kept crashing.  I tried the download again and got many more files, which then worked fine.

John Hanks
Regular Contributor
ihiker

axllebeer wrote:

Ok all,  I figured it out. Turned out when I downloaded the OS,  I only got 1/3d of it. The size was under 400mb. After delete that and starting fresh I'm up and running in about 45 minutes. Thanks all,  awesome community! I appreciate all that has been done. 

Interesting...I've had issues with downloading an autoloader but never had an issue with Sachesi. Either way, it takes a while for the entire download. Some of us just have different experiences. Patience and persistence are your allies. Are you ready for the next update?

New Contributor
axllebeer

Not so sure. This version is still settling in. Battery life is pretty poor, but that's expected for a few days. Functionality is great! I can do so much more now. Haven't had time to test all the features yet. :smileyhappy:
Regular Contributor
ihiker

Early reports state battery life has improved with 2228 over previous release...time will tell for sure. I don't use Facebook but there is improved Hub performance for those who do. I'm hoping for improved battery life when on WiFi as the last release was terrible.