If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 OS Device Software

New Contributor
mrbusdriversir
My Device: z10
My Carrier: att

Very disappointed returning BlackBerry users

I am back to BlackBerry from being away for a 3 years using Android devices and I am very disappointed with the lack of apps and how difficult BlackBerry has made it to users who want to sync their devices with their computer. The BlackBerry Link application uses so much resources in my computer that when it starts I can't do nothing on it for a few minutes. Also, it is a nightmare if we want to use the SD card. Why BlackBerry makes things harder than what they should be. I am definitely going back to Android as soon as I can. Sorry BlackBerry but just having a great device doesn't cut it if you have no apps to run and you restrict users so much.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
paleshire
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Re: Very disappointed returning BlackBerry users

I do not disagree.

Watching Blackberry remove the local USB sync was reminiscent of watching a madman shoot his toe off just to see what it felt like.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
rambo47
My Device: BlackBerry Q10 & Z10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Very disappointed returning BlackBerry users

BB10 was rushed to market faster than was prudent IMHO. BlackBerry was in real financial trouble and they simply HAD to get devices on the market running the new system. It's still a work in progress. If you really need the older apps you can still use a BB7 device. But with BB10 you're going to have to be patient, both for os updates and for app availability. One nice thing about BB10 is the ability to sideload Android apps. 

http://n4bb.com/load-android-apps-blackberry-10/

http://crackberry.com/how-put-android-apps-your-blackberry-10-device

Please use plain text.