Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 OS Device Software

Contributor
ssbtech
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Bell Canada
Accepted Solution

Visual Voicemail prroblem

Hello,

I have a Z10 on Bell.  I have Visual Voicemail which seems to work most of the time.

I've noticed a few times that the VV app will not download messages from the mailbox.  I get an error saying "You have new Visual Voice Mail messages that can't be downloaded.  To listen to your messages, call your voice mail."

Upon dialing in to listen to the message, I noticed that the VV app didn't delete a few previous messages from the mailbox.  I had deleted them in the app, but they remained saved and accessible via dialing in.

I called Bell and the rep asked me to call the phone from a landline and leave a message to see if I could replicate the problem.  As I didn't have access to a landline phone at the time I was unable to do it.  I asked her why I had to do this as I know the problem exists.  She claimed that it was the first step in troubleshooting.  We hit a stalemate and talks broke down at that point.

I've done the usual battery pull but I still can't figure out why the phone will download some messages but not others.

Anyone else run into this?

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ssbtech
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Bell Canada

Re: Visual Voicemail prroblem

15 hours after a voicemail was left, the phone dropped and then re-connected to the wireless network.  Somehow it picked up the voicemail and displayed it in the hub and VVM app.

Please use plain text.