Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 OS Device Software

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 | OS 10.2.1
My Carrier: GrameenPhone
Accepted Solution

Z10 Landscape mode issue

Hi,

I have noticed that whenever I open BBM and tilt the phone to get into landscape mode while in a chat window, it doesn't do so and remains in the portrait mode. If I go to the HUB and open a previous chat and then tilt the phone, it activates landscape mode. Has anyone else faced this?

Thanks,

Mustafa

My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2252; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Z10 Landscape mode issue

This is currently the way it works. Landscape only works from the hub. Hopefully in the future we'll get more landscape support.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 | OS 10.2.1
My Carrier: GrameenPhone

Thanks for the clarification John!
My Device: Blackbery Z10
My Carrier: Optus

Hi i have had my Z10 for only two days and i love the phone, but landscape dosnet work in anything not in pictures, video,s, youttube, broweser, email, text messages it really annoys me I hope Blackberry will fix this up very soon. I have reset the phone several times, taped the rotation lock on and off at a lost ??? anyone with same issues ?

Contributor
My Device: blackberry z10
My Carrier: bell

I think we have to use the hub to use landscape for text , bbm and twitter...I've had the same issue.. it's frustrating because I use my z10 in landscape 90 % of the time... amazing device but would love someone to do something about this..