03-10-2013 07:19 PM
Apologies if this has already been posted. I'm posting this as I couldn't find anything related to this issue after a lot of googling.
Some people on YouTube say that mass storage mode is available for Z10, while I haven't read anything like this in the manual or else where. I do know BlackBerry has provided Link for file or media transfers.
I'm a Mac user, I have Link installed on the laptop, my Z10 is running on 10.0.10.82 and as per my carrier its the latest update available for Z10. I tried updating my Mac and then ensured all BlackBerry drivers are installed and everytime I connect the phone, Link pops up but I don't see any removable drive(s) appearing in Finder. I tried restarting my laptop and the phone as well. Just a pokerface, nothing more.
Am I missing something here?
03-10-2013 09:05 PM - edited 03-10-2013 09:13 PM
On my PC computer, I simply connect the Z10 to a USB port. With using Windows Explorer I can see the Z10 come up as two external drives. If I click in to these drives I can access the folders and files within them.
In the Z10 it is important to verify mass storage is turned on:
Go to Settings, then select Storage and Access. At the bottom of the screen turn on USB Mass Storage.
As for the Mac computer, I would not be able to help you farther than this. I have near zero experience with Mac. In my job I am doing certified Windows operating system support for media systems.
If this does not resolve your issue, I would suggest for you to contact Blackberry support. I would guess you have been doing web searches to see if you can find the answer.
03-10-2013 09:30 PM
04-03-2013 12:50 AM
Hey, So I was having a similar problem with syncing(with BlackBerry Link). I'm running Mac Mountain Lion. What did is went to Settings>Storage and Access and changed my USB connection to Mac, instead of Automatic. It wasn't connecting and it was asking to restore my phone. It wasn't syncing anything. now it seems to be working.
04-17-2013 03:11 PM
If you are still looking for a solution I think I've one for you because I had the same problem and I figured out there were some DNS entries in the Mac (windows) error log to your device setting, turn off WI-FI connection on your device if it dose not work turn mobile network service off as well it must be working now.