Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 OS Device Software

New Contributor
jasminepatel3387
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Idea Cellular, India

Z10 Software Version Error

[ Edited ]

Hi Team,

I bought new BB Z10 from Authorized Blackberry Dealer. It had Software Version 10.0.10.8.., before some days, I connected it with my laptop via blackberry Link and I got pop up for new software update ver. 10.0.10.9.., I already updated my z10 100% via link, but then it couldnt restart and just blinked red led..I gave it to BB authorized service station for repair..But they install OS ver. 10.0.10.263 Dev Alfa..and said to me, they hvnt new version of OS.

Now In my Z10, There r no Photo Gallary, no music player, no time icon, no video player etc..many featurs not availalble in my z10 and it displaying Dev Alfa on start up instead of new BB logo and round process bar..

So plz, can anybody tell me??  how can i get new Complete OS update 10.0.10.82 in my Z10 ????

- Jasmine Patel

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Z10 Software Version Error

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Very strange...if it were me, my trust in that service center and/or dealer would be diminishing, and I might become concerned that they've given me a device that can never work properly. Of course, there's now way for us, at an internet distance, to tell for sure. Is the PIN the same on this replacement? Or is it a different device? And what is the model number of the Device? You can check all of this via the Settings > About screens.

You should (I cannot know for sure) be able to use Link to perform the OS reload...and that should reload the proper OS for your device. Then again, if they gave you a true Dev Alpha device rather than a production Z10, then your problems are much larger...

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Visitor
ABD123_
My Device: blackberry z10
My Carrier: t-mobile

Hi 

i just got my black berry z10  from amazon last week .i deleted the software by accdent and now my phone is dead  . i tried to fix it by the black berry link and didn't work . can you please help me 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jasminepatel3387
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Idea Cellular, India

They didn't replace my Z10, now I m waiting for new online update with full features..Too much helpless..

Please use plain text.
Visitor
DAR88
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: STC

I have the same problem,  i bought my phone back home before moving to the US . while connecting to BB Link it showed update so i did the update and ened up with Dev Alpha screen that i tried for many times to reload but nothing is working ... i dont know what to do !

Please update me if you ever find a solution 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sagicor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Digicel

I am unable to update my Z10 OS version 10.0.10.261
To the most recent version. Why is it so difficult? This is very frustrating and off putting. Why can't we just update our OS from the blackberry website? I have an international unlocked phone and several times a day I check for software updates but keep getting the same old message that my version 10.0.10.261 is the most recent update.
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,892
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

sagicor wrote:
I am unable to update my Z10 OS version 10.0.10.261
To the most recent version. Why is it so difficult? This is very frustrating and off putting. Why can't we just update our OS from the blackberry website? I have an international unlocked phone and several times a day I check for software updates but keep getting the same old message that my version 10.0.10.261 is the most recent update.

First, remove the SIM card from your device and Try the process outlined here.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.