Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 OS Device Software

New Contributor
willows
My Device: Bold 9000

Z10 cannot BBM Calls over mobile networks

Hi,

I tried to use BBM call over 3g but cannot. I already switch on "allow BBM calls over mobile network". But when i change to wifi i can use BBM call. I tried to use my simcard to galaxy s3 and iphone 4s it can use for facetime over 3g and gtalk for video call.

Please help me how to use BBM call over 3g. or maybe BBM is to sensitive to use 3g ??

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Z10 cannot BBM Calls over mobile networks

Hi there, if you have ensured that the BBM call option is turned on, the only thing left to check at this point is to call your wireless service provider and ensure that they allow BBM calls over their network.

If they confirm that it should work for your account, let us know and we can walk you through reloading the software on the device to see if that fixes it.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
willows

i called my wireless service provider and they said they allow call over 3g.

Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

In that case, while I hate to suggest reloading the device software, I would likely try that next as I don't think there is a way to uninstall and reinstall BBM.

To reload the software on the device, start by backing up your device using the BlackBerry Link software and then follow the instructions in the following link:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/General-BlackBerry-10-Smartphone/How-to-Reload-your-Blackberr...

I hope that will work for you.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
willows

Just tried your suggestion to reload BB OS and still cannot see bbm call icon in right corner inside bbm when is connected to 3g, but when i change to wifi it show bbm call icon.

Please use plain text.