Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 OS Device Software

New Contributor
JonCGC
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Koodo

Z10 fails to work after updating to 10.1.0.273

I updated my Z10 this morning and it is now not functioning!  I can't open any apps, including BBM.  If I shut it off and turn it on again, I can open some apps, but as soon as I go to the Hub, i get a message that says "preparing the Hub" and then nothing works.

I have tried updating from Blackberry Link on my Mac, but that doesn't work either. I am out of ideas (and patience!)

Any suggestions?

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
Cpt_Sweatpants
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Z10 fails to work after updating to 10.1.0.273

Hi JonCGC and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums!

Are you connected to a Wi-Fi network or your mobile network when you experience this issue?

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
JonCGC

I was on WiFi when i tried to do the update....do you think that would make a difference?

I also tried to do it via Link, but that isn't working at all.....

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
JonCGC

Also, if i attach the Z10 to my Macbook and open Link, I now get a message saying "Can't communicate with device" and a button saying Restore Device.  When I click that button, I get a message saying "Connecting to Device" and eventually restarts the Z10.

Doesn't change anything though....when i tap on apps (like BBM) the screen just shakes a bit and nothing happens.

I can see all my email accounts in the Hub, but can't open any messages....

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
azizan_messi
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Viva KWT

When I received the update from 10.0.0.82 to 10.1.0.273, I accepted the update, plugged in the charger even though it was already full.
The size of the update was 341MB, it finished and then another update just started automatically which was 2GB in size.
I waited patiently for both to finish and install, it asked me to restart the device now or later, I chose now.
It restarted, Blackberry name appeared, then the logo with that round line that flows as a loading screen. Thats where it stops, the loading screen is done but neither the logo or the loading screen goes away. It stays like that and never changes, I tried restarting the device over and over again but no luck. Took out the battery and still no luck. Then I hold the power button with the volume buttons and the loading screen finished and goes away, but the update has gone away, its still on 10.0.0.82 version, and now the phone is corrupted in a way. There is no network coverage, the sim-card does not work. Wireless works, blue-tooth also but any other thing does not work. I even tried updating again, but this time there was only one update and it was 279MB in size, although same thing happened again. So basically my BB Z10 is useless now.

What can I do to fix this?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Sinnaz0790
My Device: Z30
My Carrier: TSTT

Well get this I updated mine and my device refuse to to connect to the network and get data
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Sinnaz0790
My Device: Z30
My Carrier: TSTT

So now I got a z10 that cannot receive data after their famous 10.1 update and before it worked fine
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
JonCGC

Yes, mine worked fine before "update" too....

I wonder if we are going to have to wait until 10.2 before we are working again?

This is so COMPLETELY frustrating!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
adamdavidson47
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Telus

Can someone from blackberry please address this issue? My wife "updated" her z10 last night to 10.1.0.273 and it's fubar now. Keeps saying there's updates available. This is the 3rd f'ing time I'm trying to update it. And yes, it's connected to a power source and wifi.

This is ridiculous. Obviously it's a problem.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
adamdavidson47
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Telus

After trying to update for a 3rd time, it appears to be working. Not sure why it took 3 times to work.

Please use plain text.