Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 OS Device Software

Contributor
spaniolo
My Device: Z10- Torch 9810 (with OS Neo Prime hybrid) - Torch 9800- Playbook- Fire Kindle HD- Galaxy S3

Z10 native games app permissions locked

I wanted to see what this app was about and accidentally it added all permissions to my BBM connect, contacts invite and profile updates. On the security settings the permissions are grey out and it won't allow me to change them. This is unacceptable on a business oriented device.

Please need help changing this settings, in fact I want to remove this app as I do not need it. I did not spend $850 on the Z10 to play but to do business. this is a serious offence to stack an app that for many people is useless and let it take over. 

There are many people out there having the same issue. We need a solution. 

Please use plain text.
Retired
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Z10 native games app permissions locked

Hey spaniolo,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

Press and hold your finger on the application for a few seconds and click on the X to remove the application.

Let me know if the issue still persists.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
spaniolo
My Device: Z10- Torch 9810 (with OS Neo Prime hybrid) - Torch 9800- Playbook- Fire Kindle HD- Galaxy S3

Hi, thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately your solution does not work on my device. I press and hold the native games app and what happens is all other apps around it start moving in and out with a garbage bin next to them, but the one I want to delete it does not show the garbage bin or an X.

I have a Z10 stl100-1 with 10.0.10.261 os. and yes i have spent hours trying to update to the newestos  release with no avail.

can you suggest any other solutions?  the more I use this Z10 the more little things that I was able to do with my previous blackberries are missing... like I spent more than an hour searching for how to stop receiving notifications for my contact profile updates in BBM, or... this is a good one, I went through each and every setting option trying to find where to change the font type on the Z10...  after a good hour I could only find how to change the font size not the type. any ideas? the simple things... are missing. Please help.  Thank you.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tritis
My Device: Z10

Just feel compelled to point out that the standard responses of 'hold until it blinks then press x' or 'remove from the App World site' and other such variations have been used a number of times over this issue.

As a number of people have pointed out, none of this works since it's an embedded app that the users (aka people who buy and own the phone!) have no control over, so, whilst I and I'm sure others, appreciate you taking the time to reply to a users query ViciousFerret unfortunately you've only repeated the failed solutions that have been suggested previously.

Sooooooo...  Anyone from Blackberry going to put their hand up to an issue which has raised it's head numerous times on here as well as on other Blackberry sites and suggest what the solution is or when it will be made available??

P.S.  Apologies if it sounds like a rant, I love my Blackberry and have used them for years as well as talking a number of friends into switching to them so it's more a rant born of frustration when something you know can work so well has such a dumb feature thrown onto it!  :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
AHAS

I have the same problem. There's nothing I can do to resolve it, not even to post a review complaining about it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tritis

Guys, just wondering if anything is ever going to be done about this?  it's clearly an issue of some contention to people and the total lack of interest from BlackBerry is HUGELY disappointing quite frankly.

This is (I believe) an issue which will force users away from BB and into the arms of other smart phone manafacturers and under the current economic climate in general surely this is a farily simple fix which will put a big smile back on the face of a lot of long term, dedicated BB fans!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tritis

Oh well, not wanting to bring and old thread back from the dead, but I guess after two years and no reply it's a 'sod off, we've got more things to worry about', which could now be said at least, to be true!

Nvm, I won't be going totally to the dark side and getting an iPhone, but I guess it's time to start looking seriously at what other manafacturers are doing regarding security and seeing what their overall customer service is like (remember that BB?  It's the bit AFTER producing the phone with the features that people want, like, stage two in the process!).

Please use plain text.