Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 OS Device Software

Super Contributor
My Device: Classic, Passport
My Carrier: T-Mobile CZ

Z10 wifi problem after upgrade to 10.1

Hi. I upgraded my Z10 to the official T-Mobile 10.1 upgrade and after it I cannot connect to my home wifi anymore. Before the upgrade everything worked fine. Need a solution, please. I tried everything, but nothing worked.

Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Z10 wifi problem after upgrade to 10.1

Hey RobertP,

Thanks for the post.

Do you get a specific error when connecting to the Wi-Fi network?  Have you tried connecting to other Wi-Fi networks?

Also what version of BlackBerry 10.1 are you using?  Go to Settings>About to find this information.

I look forward to your reply.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Contributor
My Device: Playbook, Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

If I go into the network settings, the first time I do I see my network.  I attempt to connect.  Eventually it times out and gives me an error message about failing to authenticate.  I clear that error message and I am presented with the wifi screen and the spinning circle... "Finding Available Networks"...  It spins forever unless I hit the 'back' button.  Going back in to this screen, it tells me 'no networks are currently available' and the spinner keeps spinning happily untll I back out again.

Turning wifi off and on does nothing.  Shutting down for the night and restarting in the morning generally brings back the connection.

Contributor
My Device: BBZ10
My Carrier: Bell

That is strange as its one thing I have not had any problems with. I did run into what your describing at a friends place on their router. I could sit a few feet away and not connect at all and their SSID was on and off on my phone. The only way it wouldn't see your network name is from broadcast strength issues or type of connection issues which there shouldn't be either.Try another network maybe a coffee shop to confirm if it's your phone or your network didn't like the update.perhaps the broadcast signal in your router got changed somehow for the wireless
Contributor

Oh, I'm quite confident it isn't my router... I can't see any of the half dozen other routers in my neighborhood that my PlayBook and laptop can see. The wifi on the phone just goes deaf until rebooted. 

Contributor
My Device: BBZ10
My Carrier: Bell

Look in saved networks and see if you can connect that way by clicking it. If yours isnt there add it manually and try it.Not a solution really but worth a shot..
Contributor

Thanks for the idea, but 'been there, tried that'... without success.  I'm quite sure the problem is deeper in the wifi programming than the profiles.  I'm unable even to see the existence of any routers in the area... the radio just drops dead it would seem, or the wifi module crashes and is unable to connect to the radio.

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800, Storm 9530, Bold 9750
My Carrier: Etisalat, Verizon, Rogers, Oman Tel

My wifes seems to be doing the same thing. Seems since updating, the wifi just disconnects and acts up randomly forcing it onto the LTE where we incurr extra data charges.

Was there a radio firmware upgrade as part of 10.1?