Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 OS Device Software

Visitor
ole75634
My Device: Torch 9800

blackberry z10 and enterprise servers...

Hello, 

My name is John and I have been a loyal and addicted user of blackberry for about 6 years. The Corporation I work for uses a Blackberry Enterprise Server which allows me to receive emails from work and use our sametime comunicator chat function on our phones and of course syncs our work calenders to our phone. I have like so many other blackberry fans in the US, been waiting for what seems like forever for a new phone. Finally it is here but it is not really here as we in the U.S. have to wait until March before we can get our hands on them. 

Anyway setting that all aside my company like I am sure most will be slow to adopt the new blackberry 10 phone and the support of the Enterprise version of blackberry 10. My question is; if I buy an unlocked version of a Z10 or even if I wait until my carrier (AT&T) sells them, What capabilties will I loose on my phone if my company has not yet fully adopted blackberry 10? Will I still be able to get my email? Will my enterprise chat function still work? Will Calender still work? 

I only ask one thing from your responses, please keep it simple I am not technical guru when It comes to phones. 

Thanks in advance for answering my questions!

New Contributor
itmnetcom
My Device: Z10

Re: blackberry z10 and enterprise servers...

I got my Z10 yesterday and I cant make it work with my old BES. It seems that if you want to have BES with mixed devices you will have to run both servers BES5 and BES10.

Don't quote me, but this is causing issues for me. Strangely enough, my playbook works perfectly with BES.

I basically don't know what strategy BB has in place for this. I hope they don't expect all users to have BES10 running on the day of the smartphone launch.

I hope this helps.
New Contributor
jameskennedy
My Device: Q10

You cannot get BES to work on Z10 unless your corporation has installed the new software/licensing for Blackberry 10. I'm in the same boat. No work email, no calendar, and no contacts :smileysad:

New Contributor
itmnetcom

Go to setup, accounts, add account.
Select email, calendar and contacts
Touch anywhere on the screen to hide the keyboard
Press the advanced button at the bottom
Select MS Exchange Active Sync
Fill in the blanks, and you will have your emails, contacts, calendars and maybe more.
BartPalthe

Can you inform me what you fill in as the server address and the port used.

Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

hello BartPalthe,

those pieces of information must be given to you by your IT admins.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: