Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 OS Device Software

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: 0

Re: blackberry z10 rebooting itself

Same problem

In my case started when I downloaded some games. What is surprising is that no Blackberry representative has come with an answer. I was really enjoying my experience with the Z10 but this is a game changer. If there is no solution, then all the time I waited for BB to release the new device was a waste. Next step Android.

I hope at the ATT could give me an answer. 

New Contributor
My Carrier: 0

Same problem

In my case started when I downloaded some games. What is surprising is that no Blackberry representative has come with an answer. I was really enjoying my experience with the Z10 but this is a game changer. If there is no solution, then all the time I waited for BB to release the new device was a waste. Next step Android.

I hope at the ATT could give me an answer. 

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z-10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

See the thread I just started on this.  I've put a LOT of time into running this down and have a fairly-solid theory on what's happening (I happen to be a fairly hard-core software and network engineer, incidentally.... and have had to run this sort of thing down on other POSIX-style operating systems.  These sorts of bugs are very difficult to find -- but not impossible.)

Market Information? Come read The Market Ticker!
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

... and what is your fairly-solid theory, tickerguy?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Trusted Contributor

It's a deadlock in the network code.  Being a programmer (who writes device drivers and has ported Android twice) these sorts of problems are very tricky to run down.  I'm attempting to come up with a reliable way of producing a deadlock and reset on demand; if I can do that and get it to BlackBerry's software people it should help tremendously.

Developer

+1 for that ticketguy, that's the reason I suspected WhatsApp to be one of the apps which make problems.

I also think it's a deadlock and it occurs when WhatsApp (or other apps) is doing some special things.

By the way, BlackBerryHelp at Twitter directed me to my carrier to excalate this issue back to BlackBerry.
My carrier only has the solution to replace the device as per they do not know anything about how to solve this problem.

But I don't think a device replacement fixes this issue as per I think it's a software problem as mentioned above.
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

your carrier is a customer of the BlackBerry company.
When they encounter a BlackBerry issue they are unable to solve (like your problem), then can escalate to BlackBerry Level 2 support.

When this happens, BlackBerry can have :
- stats about how many people suffer from the issue (and thus gives a good idea on how much priority they must give to have it fixed)
- a way of contacting those people (in order to fetch more information about the bug).

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: telkomsel

ya, my z10 did it too, its suck, and its almost twice in a day....

who must responsible for this? is there any solution from RIM? 

Highlighted
Developer

[ Edited ]

I just received a response to my support query from my carrier (T-Mo) which states that this problem should be fixed within the 10.1 update according to the manufacturer (BlackBerry).
Since I installed this update, my Z10 did not reboot - but of course, I just installed it a few days ago so I gotta keep watching if this problem is really fixed.

Trusted Contributor

10.1 1720/21 is quite stable.  That is the official Telus/Rogers/other carrier version that has been rolled in Canada and elsewhere.

It is now possible to non-destructively change firmwawre revisions (no wipe of data and apps needed); this is not always "safe" (you may wind up with an unstable device) but it now can be done and until recently it could not.  I am running 1720/1721 personally at this point and thus far have had no problems with it.  It's too soon to know if ALL the reboot issues are gone but I have about 36 hours on it at this point without any stability problems and in addition I have turned the auto-VPN attach back on (which was good for provoking a reboot within a couple of hours) as well.

T-Mobile has to have this particular rev in-house for testing at this point; they are, of course, the ones who decide when to officially release it, or whether it is insufficient and they want better.  I don't know what their schedule is but I have talked with them; as is usually the case for carriers they are playing tight to the chest but DID take an interest in the information I passed them.  I also let them know that I have diag dumps turned on and that if they wanted to flag my account for attention on any crashes that I experienced, or even if they wanted to have their (or BlackBerry's) engineers contact me if there was anything useful I could provide to them they were welcome to do so.