Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 OS Device Software

Contributor
an_nistelrooy
My Device: z10

Re: blackberry z10 rebooting itself

I have pulled out the battery many times, and it remains the same. I tried connect it to pc with bb link and still doesn't wanna turn on. I have pressed the power button about 60 seconds, still the same. A few days ago, my z10 suddenly turn on itself after went off almost two days but now really doesn't wanna turn on since it has 4 days. I came to the mobile provider for clamming my warranty, and they said I have to wait about two months to check it and decide wether I will get a replacement or they just fix it. And when I asked to them, its not only happen to me, there was more than two z10 with the same problem and they should wait it too for about two months. I like blackberry, even I have been expecting z10 since it first talked in the internet that rim will release z10 about a year ago... I'm in indonesia and using STL001. It just like the case when Sams*ng released Galaxy tab 10.1 for first time and there was problem with the screen called Newton Ring, but then samsung admitted it and gave a replacement to the customer immediately and the problem was solved. And now for z10 I never heard before an official statement from blackberry in dealing with this problem... Is there anyone know? Please tell me.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,982
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

an_nistelrooy, connect your wall outlet charger to the Z10 for a couple of hours, and then with the charger STILL connected to the Z10, remove the battery and reinsert and see if you see ANY activity

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Developer
McJagger
My Device: Q10

JSanders

McJagger wrote:

Could the auto reboot be related to this problem? http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Q10/Please-fix-power-off-button/td-p/2407403

No, because the reboots are random. If your linked discussion were the cause of the reboot, it would not be considered random.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
slythfmst
My Device: Z10 STL100-3

I have the STL100-3 version on the 10.1.0.273 os

Called Rogers and was told to do a security wipe.... Have done so and still have the reboot issues. especially during the charging... I was on a call using bluetooth and the phone rebooted. This is getting frustrating.

Rogers now has told me the phone will need to be sent in for repair... Loosing the phone for 2 months at the least...

NOT Acceptable Blackberry on a new phone....I have already past the 15 day mark for a change.

Trusted Contributor
tickerguy
My Device: Z-10

Load the T-Mobile US version and the problem should disappear.  It's out as of this morning and is not a leak -- it's an official carrier release.

Market Information? Come read The Market Ticker!
JSanders

slythfmst wrote:

Rogers now has told me the phone will need to be sent in for repair... Loosing the phone for 2 months at the least...

NOT Acceptable Blackberry on a new phone....I have already past the 15 day mark for a change.

Two months should be unacceptable and you should demand an exchange with Rogers for another device. Get them to ESCALATE this issue to BlackBerry Technical support and don't back down.

It does NOT take two months to repair a device such as this, EVEN if they drove the speed limit to Waterloo and back to personally drop if off.

Remind Rogers of their obligation to resolve this satisforactorily. Esclate it to BlackBerry and then ASK BlackBerry to recommend an exchange.

Knowledge Base Updates
thafener
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Hi all

For me the problem was IM+ Pro on my Z10. as soon as the App is running my Z10 reboots sooner or

later. No reboots if the App is inactive. I was able o reproduce this many times.

My Model is STL100-2, Software 10.1.0.2312

Cheers Till

JSanders

Is IM+ a must have app for you?
What does it do that no other can?

Knowledge Base Updates
thafener
My Device: Blackberry Z10

[ Edited ]

Not a must have of course, used it as there was no Skype app in the early days of BB OS 10 and of course for ICQ. Just wanted to give others the hint that this was the solution for me and have a proper running Z10 right now. For

me the IM+ pro App is buggy