Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 OS Device Software

Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

lot of prpblems after os upgrade

Hi. I own a z10. Recently I have approached ur service centre due to some problems like set automatically turning on when shutdown. .gettng overheat etc.. they suggested me to upgrade the os to 10.2.1 ..and I did so.. but now thenew problem started. . All the default apps were showing to uninstall..that means when I holds an icon installed it shows the uninstall icon on its top right corner.. bt its now for even default icons.. like blackberry hub.. text messages. .foursquare. .box. evernote..connect to drop box and all social communities... al are showing uninstall icon...as they were the default apps given bybblackberry.. I want to confirm whether is this is a change happens in upgraded os..or it is a fake os upgrade.. even no problem before I given to service has been rectified and also other problems arise..plz do the needful solution as I am suffering a lot due to this malfunctioning...plz provide the solution. .
Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.840), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: lot of prpblems after os upgrade

Hello,

The "trash can" icon is normal...whenever you hold an icon for long enough, the entire screen pulsates a bit and a trash can shows for each icon to allow you to delete the app (you also can move icons around while in this state). If you wait a few moments without touching the screen, the pulsating should stop and the trash cans should go away, returning to normal operation.

If that's not happening, then the first thing to try is a normal reboot. See if that helps.

If not, then something may have gone wrong with your update, and a clean reload would then be recommended. For Z10, the current OS (note...NOT Software Release) is 10.2.1.3253. You can reload via LINK or AutoLoader:

Via LINK, the version made available to you is controlled by your carrier, while via AutoLoader you can choose any OS version you want.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

Ya I know about trash icon.. bt text messages..blackberry hub and also so many default apps were also showing trash icon over them as they were available to delete... this is the main problem. .plz send a solution for this..plz
Hall of Famer II

There is nothing "broken", so there is nothing to "fix". What you describe is normal behavior. I can't tell you "why" they show that way, but I can verify that they indeed do show that way.

What happens if you select the trash can and try to delete them I can likewise not tell you -- I've never tried to do so. What I do is create a homescreen pane(s) to place those icons I don't want to look at. For example, the Hub icon is useless to me, as is the SMS icon (since I see it in the hub)...so I push those (and many others) over to that last homescreen pane and pretty much never even look at them.

Hope that helps!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

Sir when I bought my z10 I observed when I hold an icon the screen pulsates and trash icon is shown..but it does not show on blackberry hub..text messages etc..thats what my problem was..I want to know whether this was a sign of malfunctioning. . Any problem with this. ..hope u understand my situation
Hall of Famer II

I do not understand. What dows not show in the hub? The pulsating screen? That will never show in the hub. I do not understand.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

The text messages n hub icon was blinking with trash icon above their top corner as they were available to delete from the device like we delete a game from device.. my text messages icon was deleted when I touch trash button at the time of pulsating when I hold on it...
Hall of Famer II

OK...then you have tested what I didn't want to test. That icon can truly be deleted. So, now what do you want to do?

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates