Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 OS Device Software

Developer
My Device: 8320

not able to update Z10 STL 100-2

Hello Friends,

Just before 2 days I got my Blackberry Z 10 LE.

My LE was not usable any more so got new one in replacement of LE device under one year warranty.

I got it with BB 10.0.9.xxx OS installed and I am trying to update it with BB link software as well I had tried to update directly from web but didn't succeed in either way.

By checking OTA i am getting message that my OS is up to date and device is restarting any time by it self.

Please help me in this issue.

Please let me know if there is any way to update it.

Thanks & Regards,

Nrupay Shah

Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Re: not able to update Z10 STL 100-2

Good day

could it be that your carrier hasn't came out with the OS update?

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Developer
My Device: 8320

nope..

Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Have you called them to see if they came out with it?

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
New Contributor
My Device: Z10 STL-100-2

i am not able to update my Blackberry Z10 STL 100-2 with the latest software 10.2.1 kindly help me i am vodafone india custmer

New Contributor

the same issue with me kindly help me on this issue
New Contributor

kindly help me on this issue

Super Contributor
My Device: BB Z10

Hi...

The OS Updates are carrier pushed... so depends on the carrier to send the update on the devices.. 

Try for installing the OS in to the device manually from downloading the OS from the below link.

https://developer.blackberry.com/blackberry10devalpha/devalpha_update.html

Download the file above. Extract it from the ZIP file if it is zipped. If it is a ".rar" file, you will need a WinRar unpacking app on your PC to extract the file. Connect your BlackBerry to the PC. Using Link, do a backup* (see below) of your phone. Locate the downloaded file and run the autoloader (double click on the EXE file) and a black DOS window appears indicating "Connecting to bootrom". The DOS window processes the install, and begins to load the OS. If you have a security passwored, you will be asked to enter it. When the OS loading is complete, your Z10 will reboot. Disconnect from the PC, and the device will startup. Optional but recommended: Wipe your device at your Settings > Security > Security Wipe. This can take 30 mins to an hour. Go through the required device setup of connecting to WiFi, Agreements, enter your BlackBerryID, and Get Acquainted screens. Reconnect to the PC and perform your restore using BlackBerry Link. Now, you will need to re-enter account passwords for email, Twitter, Facebook, etc.

Backup Notes: When you backup using Link, you can make one total backup, or divide that backup into three different databases (Setup | Media | App Data). I always break that backup into the three different databases so that I can restore each separately because I have had some issues with a full restore failing in the App database restore, so then I can safely restore only Settings and Media.

Remember, this process does totally wipe your device, so the backup is important. Reserve about two hours time for the process... performing the backup and restore takes the longest part of the time and will vary according to the amount of data and apps on your BlackBerry.

Post Upgrade device lag, heat, fast battery discharge:  After any OS upgrade on a BB10 device, it will take 48-72 hours for the device data syncing of email, contacts, social apps, etc., to complete and finish. High data transfer after an upgrade cause high processor use, which in turn causes high battery usage, which in turn can cause higher than nornal heat from the device. Likewise, high processor use will cause some lag and initial slowness. Ignore and and be patient. It can take the 48 hours for all contacts to sync back to the device. Connect to a good WiFi source and relax. The battery will recover after a few days and you'll see normal battery usage again. Just don't drain your battery to 10% or less each time, top off the charge. You'll notice a difference after a couple days.

Thanks..

Please update the result after applied..

Thanks