Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 OS Device Software

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: KPN

older software as originally installed after reload

8:20 AM

Since Saturday I have my new z10. I messed up the installation and wanted to reload the software.

It says that there was an update available (10.0.10.90 / os version 10.0.10.690) so I installed it.

After installing it, the software wasn't newer, since my original software was os version 10.0.10.738.

Now Compass and landscape mode aren't working anymore. How can I restore to the previous os?

It doesn't show an update on the device, BlackBerry link nor at the website as it keeps saying that I have the most recent software...

Using a STL100-2 in the Netherlands with KPN provider.

Hope you can help! Thanks, Jelle
Solutions: 6,135
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: older software as originally installed after reload

You can try this... .perform a Security Wipe on the device and while in the middle of the security wipe, pull the battery to interrupt the wipe.

Connect to your PC via USB and open the Link software and then replace the battery.

As it begins to boot up, your Link on the desktop should ask you if you want to upgrade or repir the OS. Choose the upgrade and see if you get the newer version.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code