Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 OS Device Software

New Contributor
jkluger
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: AT&T
Accepted Solution

"Clear Local Contacts/Calendar" option not present in 10.2

I have a Q10 running 10.2.0.429 and want to delete all contacts/calendar entries.   Several posts have said this can be done by clicking Settings > Accounts and then "Clear Local Contacts" in the three dot menu.   But, I do not see that option.  Is this a bug or am I missing something?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: "Clear Local Contacts/Calendar" option not present in 10.2

Hello,

Refer:

• KB34178 How to clear the Local Calendar and Local Contacts databases on the BlackBerry 10 smartphone

Please ensure that you are exactly following those documented steps. Further, what do you see on that 3 dots menu?

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jkluger
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: AT&T

Thanks.  That worked.   I was pulling the drop down menu from the Hub, rather than the Home Screen.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Excellent...I'm glad that worked...enjoy!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Tommy_F
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

I have seen how you can clear local contacts and I have read how these can be linked to other contacts that one synchronizes.  A couple of onservations:

I can not see a list of Local Contacts on the view contacts menu, and there is no option in settings to make them available.  I know that local contacts do show up when you search all contacts.

It appears that a local contact exists even if you input a contact into the BBLink list.  If you synchronize this contact with BBLink and then edit it on your computer and then resync, the contact on your phone contains the data from the computer but displays how theinformation from the local contact (ex:  enter firstname on phone as Rob, edit on computer as robert and resync, it will still display "rob"

I dont want to delete all local contacts if I cant look at them first.  Help

Please use plain text.