Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 OS Device Software

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Globe Telecoms

"Open in New Tab" for Images in 10.1.0.273 Browser

Good Day Sirs.

I updated to OS 10.1.0.273 on my Z10 yesterday, and noticed that the "Open in New Tab" side-tab/option is gone when selecting images.
This is also inconvenient as I browse image-boards where I usually open multiple topics/pages from a list of images representing the respective topics/pages.

Anyone experiencing the same?

Or would anyone know if I just missed some browser settings? (tried checking these, didn't find a clue)

Thanks in advance.

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: "Open in New Tab" for Images in 10.1.0.273 Browser

are you sure it is the same website?
as far as I can remember on 10.0 you can open the image in place of the website you are browsing, but not in another tab.
On the other hand, if the image hosts a link to the image fullscreen, then it works just like any other HTML link.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Globe Telecoms

Re: "Open in New Tab" for Images in 10.1.0.273 Browser

Yes, I confirmed it with the same website I frequent. I was previously able to open in new tab any images, without switching from my current active tab.

Just like in this very Web page, I can open in new tabs the links above: "Forums" and "Knowledgebase"... while I don't have the option to open in new tab from the image "BlackBerry Support Community Forum" at the top-center of this page.

I only have the options:

Copy Image Link

Save Image

View Image

Also, before 273 I was able to open images in place of pages on new and separate tabs. In that website, their index/catalog of topics are represented by image posts. The same page I mentioned above.