Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 OS Device Software

New Contributor
e2p3
My Device: Z10 STL100-3

"there are no applications to manage"

Hello,

I would like to request assistance with my security settings on my phone...

When I go to  "Settings" > "Security and Privacy" > "Application Permissions", I have the message "There are no applications to manage".

I have many applications installed on the device, and so this is false.  I have had this problem once before, and it was caused by a recently installed app. After deleting the app, the Application Permissions went back to normal.  However, this time, I have no idea what app is causing this problem (it could have been an update to an App as well?).

Also, I have noticed that any new app that I install while this problem is occuring allows all permissions by default, without even asking! I cannot change or check any of the permissions because my Application Permissions menu is not displaying anything.

Please Help!   How can I find what the infringing app is?  I dont want to uninstall all my apps because I will lose data and settings.  I would like to be able to manage my security settings.

Thanks.

I am running a Z10 STL100-3 with BB10 version:  10.2.0.429.

Forums Advisor III
fyip
My Device: BB

Re: "there are no applications to manage"

There is not a way to tell which App is causing the problem, I guess you will have to remove one at a time untill you find it.

When you do find it please let us know which scum app it was and the other one last time also.

New Contributor
e2p3
My Device: Z10 STL100-3

Thanks fyip, I can't tell you which app was causing the problem... because I wouldn't want to incorrectly blame the wrong developer, but also because it is not clear which was the trouble. I had systematically uninstalled my apps, one by one, until I was able to get my Application Permissions menu back. Thus, I thought I had identified the bad app, but after that point, any new app that I installed caused the same problem. I then reverted back to a 2-week old backup, reinstalled the suspect apps, and everything seemed smooth. From that point forward, I verified that my App Permissions was working after every app update I applied, and after every new app installation. I thought I was in the clear, but then it happened again! This seems to be a bug in the BB10 OS. I hope that this gets addressed on the next update, because this is a MAJOR security issue (if I can't control the permissions allows for installed apps.). I guess I have no choice but to revert to my last good backup (a 3 hr process) every time this happens.
Forums Advisor III
fyip
My Device: BB

Contributor
eywong
My Device: Z10 STL 100-3