Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 OS Device Software

My Device: blackberry Z10

software update failed. help please!

I have just tried to install my 10 OS software it was all fine until at the very end of the 2GB update I got the message 'software failed'. I have read this might be because of lack of space but I have checked that and I have enough free space. Now when I attempt to start the update against it only gives me the option to cancel and that button doesn't do anything! Any solutions?

Thanks
New Contributor
My Device: Z10

Re: software update failed. help please!

I had the same problem but now my phone has slowly deteriorated to the point that it wont even go throuhg the full boot process...stops at 95%. seemingly every day it would get worse and worse until it stopped even running at all. I live in very rural Mozambique and I cant afford to have my phone not working. Is there some type of hard reset I can do when the phone wont even boot up? I really liked the Z10 before, even changed from the iphone5 to it, but it's now completely worthless and I've had it for all of 2 months. can someone please help?
Contributor
My Device: Z10

Re: software update failed. help please!

[ Edited ]

Here is another post with the similar problem. Follow this one too just in case a solution is found: http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-10-OS-Device-Software/Software-Update-Interrupted-...

This is what I said on that post:

I had this happened to me on a brand new Z10. I called Verizon and they informed me this is one of those moments where you have to hate RIM. According to Verizon when you are doing the update process and your phone loses signal, or turns off during the update process, the phone goes into an "unfixable state". The only way to fix the phone according to Verizon is by sending the phone back and getting a new one.

They also said "to make sure when anyone does updates with the phone to do them when you will have the best signal and the phone is plugged in. DO NOT move the phone during the update process to maximize a successful update process."