Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 OS Device Software

New Contributor
shay5a
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: etisalat

we need fix to vibrate function in BB z10 and q10

Ping a contact in the BlackBerry Messenegr is almost like a Buzz in Yahoo Messenger. It is use to get the attention. On my device, if I ping someone in BBM, the other person’s phone will vibrate while receiving the word PING in red unless it’s set to silent mode. Or even if it's silent it's work too sometime if we choose only to vibrate it 

My BB can send/receive pings from other users. However, I notice that the BBM is not vibrating on my BB Z10 or Q10 phone when my friend pings me a contact. Sending othere different types of files to BBM contacts works fine, such as my location, events and pictures, except the Ping. There is no such option to enable the “vibrate” feature.

Many users are missing this feature and there is still no solution and BBM need software update to fix it. The vibrate on pingfunction does make BBM worth. Hopefullyblackberry fix the problem soon to make it right.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
hmthepirate
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: we need fix to vibrate function in BB z10 and q10

Hello shay5a and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

The PING no longer vibrates by default on theBlackBerry10platform, likeitdoeswiththelegacydevices.

If you wish for PING to vibrate, you will need to manually enable vibrate for all BBM messages for your profiles. PING will now vibrate, as will your other received BBMs.

Hope this clarifies.

Thanks!

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
shay5a
My Carrier: etisalat

Hello again,

Appreciate your reply, but your answer wasn't the expected as you clarify how can I turn or enable the vibrate for all BBM notifications including the new msgs and PINGS!!! I can understand that this is another feature that the new BB devices are missing which is so important to the users! The developers should consider that Alarms should be separated from regular actions e.g., msgs! We do have pretty big number of contacts in the list friends from work, family members, relatives + other people so can you imagine that my BlackBerry keeps beeping all day because everyone might be writing at the same time! And defiantly I won't be able to respond to any urgent PING!!! Since all what i'm going to receive should vibrate or come with a sound! It doesn't make sense! And to be honest I prefer to keep using my old BlackBerry in this case and if I knew that this feature is missing I won't be purchasing this device! It's not one person' request or point of view it's a group and we will appreciate it if the developers can do anything about this! To develop some features or enhance old features should not mean to remove some of it that was considered "important" for most of the users!!!

Appreciate your support!
Regards,
Shay5a
Please use plain text.
affayeh
My Carrier: Etisalat

I'm totaly agree with Shay5a
This feature is important and you need to find solution to activate it again
Thanks
Please use plain text.
rgrenn
My Device: z10 oz 10.1
My Carrier: tmobile

please bring the "PING " back to life for z10. also the autotext characters can not display some of the font/text/symbols/. came up square with cross marks.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
FrankkeyBoy
My Device: Z10

And we need to get the options to set the frequency and the lenght of the vibration back. I can't beleive it's hard coded this way in the core of the OS.

I love the vibration, it's strong and you can feel it inside your jacket. But it would be just as good to get a triple short burst on notifications or BBMs messages.

I get so annoyed when BBMing and getting long burst of vibrations and I don't want it silent. 

Get the options back ASAP.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Sashko
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile Canada

[ Edited ]

I've been missing the vibration on "ping" regardless of what profile you're on, ever since I switched to BB 10.

Frankly, I'm getting quite frustrated at all of the features that make a BlackBerry a BlackBerry that are missing on BB 10. Another example being customizing profiles and having as many of them as we want. Now in 10.2.1 it's only gotten worse, where you can't set your BB to vibrate for calls while using the "silent" profile.

Come on BB, get your stuff together and stop focusing on lipstick on a pig, and start bringing us back the functionality we expect from your products!

Please use plain text.