Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 OS Device Software

New Contributor
My Device: z30

wi-fi breakdown

Greetings,

I bought a z30 a few days ago. Up until now I am really satisfied from the device. However I'm facing an issue with the Wifi connection. It might work fine for hours, but suddenly the connection drops and I get a "limited Internet connectivity " message. The strange thing is that all the devices on the same network get disconnected. For example in my laptop I get prompt to enter the Wifi password. The connection will remain down unless I restart the router. It seems like a Wifi security issue. However both the router and the phone are configured to have wpa/2 security.

The network works fine when the phone is not connected. Only when I connect my z30 I face these issues.
Any help is welcome. I would not like to change that phone because in general I'm satisfied from it.
Solutions: 6,074
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: wi-fi breakdown

That's a coincidental WiFi router issue.

For instance, if you totally turn off your Z30 WiFi, do the other devices stay connected to WiFI?

Have you rebooted your WiFi router?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

I don't think that it's that coincidental. When I don't use the z30's Wifi, the network is OK.
The same issue happened when I went to a friends house for half a day. By the time I restart the router, everything's okay. I'm sure that my phone is causing the issue. But I don't know if it is a hardware issue or if it is fixable by changing some of the configurations.
Regards.

Ok, that's why I asked to check... because it could have been totally coincidental. But you've checked.

So, I don't know. I am not experiencing this.

What is your Operating System loaded to your device? From the main screen, swipe down from the top black bezel to Settings > About... what is the OS Version listed there?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

Os version 10.2.0.1803
Software release 10.2.0.429

Regards.

I just don't know.

Have you tried contacting 3mobile for support on this, and ask them to ESCALATE this issue to BlackBerry Technical support?

Knowledge Base Updates