Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® 10 OS Device Software

Contributor
femjock7
My Device: playbook 32gb
My Carrier: telus

z10 speaker issue

I'd anyone have issue with a crackling sound when you are on the phone? I can usually hear the crackling sound when the other speaks. Sounds like the speaker is "Blown" after listening to music too loud. I'm thinking about taking it back to best buy to see if they will exchange it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
CKZ10
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

Re: z10 speaker issue

I have the same issue, when I am on the phone it sounds like the speaker is blown and starts crackling, it only sounds like that when the volume is all the way up and its not all that loud anyways,  i was wondering is it realy blown or a softwear issue

Please use plain text.
Administrator (Retired)
FozzieBear
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

[ Edited ]

Hello femjock7,

Does the same issue occur if the volume is at not on full? Do you have access to another BlackBerry Z10 smartphone you can compare it with?

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
CKZ10
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

It only happens when the volume is up to max and one level down from max, I tried a friends Z10 and it didn't have the same problem.
Please use plain text.
asiffhussain
My Device: blackberry Z10
My Carrier: cell one

dear sir,

i am having problem hearing incoming calls through the handset,it works on the speaker mode,handsfree and bluetooth,but the incoming voice of the caller is unheard through the handset.how can  i rectify it,i am unable to go to an authorised blackberry service center as service center in india dont accept international warranty as my mobile was bought in singapore unlocked one,i agreed to pay the cost of repair but they have strictly refused as they would service only handsets bought in india.i have been blackberry user for almost 6 years now,i quit blackberry because of bold9900 battery issues please tell me a way to sort out this issue,thanks in advance.

regards

Asiff

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
nvgnvg
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: idea

hi

seems like all of you are having the same problem. this really is insane. i am missing calls and most of all i am not able to depend on my phone for the ALARM. Blackberry is suppose to increase efficiency but since i have the Z10, it looks like i am working for it. RIM doesnt seem to take all this seriously at all. Hope they fix this or else like everyone i know, i will also throw out the Blackberry for good.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ViR2
My Device: Blackberry z10
My Carrier: Omnitel

Problem is not the speaker. Problem is that those two pins used for NFC module on the back on the phone are rattling. This is the problem with all Z10. So you will have to live with it under a major hardware update. I hope in Z30 this will be fixed. But your speakers are fine :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
nvgnvg

it seems like many of us are having the speaker problem. BUT found a temperory solution (suggested by blackberry)... lightly bang your phone on the table and the speaker starts working. if you want to mute the loud speaker again tap the phone on the table and it goes mute.... so ring tone, no alarms etc.... WOW what a bloody solution after spending $900. Blackberry refuses to replace the phone in INDIA, they need to inspect the phone for 15 days and then ship a reconditioned phone to me, what the bloody hell. hope balckberry dies this year.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
muvie
My Device: blackberry z10
My Carrier: verizon

Am not finding this z10 speaker issue funny...am new on blackberry device....i drop my android to get it...since it now run android version...the speaker stop work since yesterday...without no reason....please help your new member???
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
nvgnvg

Well i am living with it. The solution i have is, tap ur phone hard in ur palm or press the speaker with ur thumb. U may to do it a couple of time.
I understand this is a hardware issue. Ofc BlackBerry doesn't acknowledge this at all. I know 4 people with same problem.
Please use plain text.